Building a new PC for work and extra

Vovdeyman

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Approximate Purchase Date: In one month.

Hello everyone,
I am new on here, but my friend recommended this website to me to get help in building a new machine.

Budget Range: 600-1000USD All in

System Usage from Most to Least Important: be compatible with some heavy dispatch software (Wintac), and while we're at it, perhaps make it possible to play some latest games too, or some classics, such as FarCry4 smoothly (I am behind in gaming life).

Are you buying a monitor: Yes - Preferably 2
Monitor Resolution: 21-24'

Do you need to buy OS: No

Storage: 1-2TB, Could do 1TB regular, and one solid state to safely store customer and work databases.

Case: Preferably a tower, mid size or bigger.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

I am building completely from scratch, not even a keyboard. Would like a nice keyboard, something laminated to be able to type in the dark.
I do have speakers however, everything else I would need.
Having a built in WiFi receiver would be an asset as well.

I have built some PCs in the past, but its been a very long time ago. This is kind of exciting! Going to do it one more time.
I guess with my low gaming requirements, you could build a really strong machine nowadays for just 500.

Any other add-ons or recommendations are welcome.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you!
Thanks in advance!!

Here you go :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($197.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($132.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: MyDigitalSSD - BPX 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($269.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter ($35.89 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: Redragon - S102 Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($33.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $992.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-11 05:13 EDT-0400

Vovdeyman

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Thank you so much for the quick response!
This one doesn't include monitors for the system, that would bring the price to roughly 1200 or so?

It's either you get a decent pc for around 500 and spend the remaining on the monitors, keyboard, mouse,...

Or you get a good pc that won't need to be upgraded soon when you need more power and get everything else at a later date (you can start with some random 1080p used monitors that will set you back 50$ for 2 and a cheap keyboard and mouse combo).

I agree with you. Definitely invest more in the pc and buy peripherals later. Thats what I did. Also, I have the Asus VG245H paired with an R9 390 and I am very satisfied with it. Just note that it's a TN panel. I recommend applying the icc profile you can download here (and set the recommended settings):
https://displaylag.com/asus-vg245h-freesync-gaming-monitor-review/

However, since it is a freesync panel it would be best paired with an AMD GPU (along 570 or RX 580 or even the new upcoming lower priced VEGA GPU). Buying an RX 570/ RX 580 now is not recommended due to the ethereum craze so a bit of a wait may be in order.

Vovdeyman

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Thank you guys for your advices, however I would still need to fit everything into this budget, including monitors. maybe we can downgrade some of the parts to save more for a monitor or two?

thanks!

Downgrading parts more to fit the budget is not worth it just to get a monitor. You ould have to cut from the CPU and or/gpu for that. Better to save a bit more to also get a monitor.