Building a new pc, what mobo?

moubrco

Honorable
May 16, 2012
ok SO i plan to build a new pc in the future and was wondering what mobo u would sugest. im going intell cpu and the case im putting it in is Corsair Obsidian Series 800D i dont know how to choose a mobo realy i just know i game alot but right now my pc is barley handling WoW anymore so plz give me some insight into choosing. budget isnt really of concern lets say 450$ i guess. i dont plan to overclock because i dont know how or what it is or why it would benefit me. also i dont have a cpu picked out so any sugestion there would be cool as long as its intel. any other info you would like feel free to ask

for the money you have the i-5 2400 at micro center is 140.00 then pick up an 8g ram kit. you never need to add more ram and there cheap right now. if not just pick up one 4g dimm. the x68 chipset mb will be fine. it give you sats 6g ports if you want to use a fast ssd as a boot drive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271
are not a bad mb for the price and have done well on toms hardware roundup. other brands are asus and gigbyte and msi. the trick is to google the model your looking at to see if there any bugs or high doe rate with that brand or model. it also good to look at the mb forums of the vendors to see if any board issue. with video cards right now is to get one at good price to performance. the 6870 if you can find them are a good card at a good price. on nvidia side right now is the 560 line of cards. when the 660 line comes out and the price drops people like toms will be giving them thumbs up for price and performance.
the only thing i add is dont be cheap on your power supply. to cheap and it can fail and take out your whole pc. look at the reviews online at other forums that put ps under load test. good power supply will not have a lot of ac ripple when loaded and the three main power legss should not drop a lot (stay within atx spec). a lot of cheap over seas power supply will say there 500 or 700w ps but there parts are made for less wattage and under full load go boom..hardcorps forum have had few ps that took out there test bench...

moubrco

Honorable
May 16, 2012
oook well i found the mobo im going with, thanks for the sugestions but i guess i didnt mention i donot want to be having to upgrade anything for a while and would rather have overpowered system then one that isnt good enough. i decided to go with the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 426$ with 8 slots for ram :)

KanagiF

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
You don't want to overclock but you chose a Mobo that supports 2400 RAM, and has a socket type for a processor you won't use/don't need? I think you may just be linking to link...