Building a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coen Duijnhouwer

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
I just decided on what components to use for my pc. See this post I made: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2717702/build-questions.html#16234589

I just have this one question about windows. Windows 10 will be released 29th of July for as far as I know (In the Netherlands at least) I'm going on a vacation till the 25th soon so I don't know if I should wait for the 29th or buy windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Or is there an easy way to get windows 10 without buying any version of windows when it is released? This is probably a stupid question but still. Thanks for answering.

Solution

The only 2 ways to have Windows 10 'for free' is

1. Download and install the Tech Preview, and be and remain a member of the Insider Program.
That means that you will be a permanent beta tester.

2. The other way is to upgrade an existing, valid, Windows 7/8/8.1 license.

My recommendation? Buy 7 or 8.1 now. Upgrade to 10 later. There is no 'free without conditions'.

Coen Duijnhouwer

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

Pretty sure I want windows XD. If I could get windows 10 for free that would just save about a 100 euros so thats why I ask.

USAFRet

Titan

The only 2 ways to have Windows 10 'for free' is

1. Download and install the Tech Preview, and be and remain a member of the Insider Program.
That means that you will be a permanent beta tester.

2. The other way is to upgrade an existing, valid, Windows 7/8/8.1 license.

My recommendation? Buy 7 or 8.1 now. Upgrade to 10 later. There is no 'free without conditions'.

Solution

Coen Duijnhouwer

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

Thank you for your answer I will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.