Building a new system (need consulting)

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
My Purchase Range: This Week

Budget: $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Streaming video/audio, work

Are you buying a monitor: This week no, Going to buy a 4k Tv to use as a monitor some time in the future (Not part of list)

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, Motherboard, Memory, Case, Cooler, OS

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon (I have Prime)

Parts Preferences: ASUS, NVIDIA, Corsair, Intel

Overclocking: For the future, yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: Right now 1080p, Going to buy a 4k TV sometime in the future (Not part of list)

Why am I upgrading?: Upgrading to ensure system stability and future proofing for games and future upgrades (ex. 4k TV)

This is the system I'm going to make:
Motherboard:
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI DVI M.2 Z370 ATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11ac WiFi and USB 3.1 for 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
Processor:
Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W
Cooler:
CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H100i v2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, Dual 120mm PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Software Control
Memory:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
Case:
CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC-02 Mid-Tower Gaming Case, Red LED Fan
Microsoft Software | Windows 10 Home 64 Bit System Builder OEM | PC Disc

I'm also recycling some parts as well: (NOT PART OF BUDGET)

PSU:
CORSAIR RMx Series, RM750x, 750 Watt, Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified
GPU:
ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING GeForce 11GB OC Edition VR Ready 5K HD Gaming HDMI DisplayPort DVI Overclocked PC GDDR5X Graphics Card

The Disk Drive and Hard Drive I have I am also recycling from my old system as well
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD
LG Disk Drive

I wanted to consult the community to see if this build is stable or if there are any issues. I was using PCPartPicker but the case I have picked out is not part of their case list.

Solution
Yeah that's a nice looking alt build wildcard

I waited until early last year to install an SSD in my current build and I regret waiting so long. Get an SSD. I don't play many new games so I don't have many games installed, but it's a simple matter of uninstalling games that you rarely play if you run low on space on your SSD. Another option would be to install your favorite/most played games on SSD and least played games on your HDD.

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

The problem that I ran into is that the case I'm looking for must:
Cost: $40-$70
Allow for ceiling mounting with the CPU cooler I have picked out
Allow for DVD/Disk Drives to be placed in

I couldn't find one that fit all those criteria on PCPartPicker or Amazon so I decided to pick the case I used for my current system.

As for the SSD I don't really care for it at this point as it would go over my budget

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

I'm buying another case for this new build that is the same model as the case that I have for my current build.
The reason I'm doing this is for the fans that are included as part of the case, the ceiling mounting for the Liquid CPU Cooler, and the ability to insert DVD drives into it
The GPU and the PSU are getting recycled for this build.

WildCard999

Titan
What about something like this?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($347.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($198.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Adorama)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.94 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $984.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-22 19:55 EDT-0400

High end air cooling will be quieter and just as effective as some AIO coolers.

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

I can use the case, but for the rest I'm trying to get everything I can off of Amazon for ease.
Also trying to use brands I'm familiar with.

omegadoom13

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah that's a nice looking alt build wildcard

I waited until early last year to install an SSD in my current build and I regret waiting so long. Get an SSD. I don't play many new games so I don't have many games installed, but it's a simple matter of uninstalling games that you rarely play if you run low on space on your SSD. Another option would be to install your favorite/most played games on SSD and least played games on your HDD.

Solution