Building a pc and would like to know if all the part are compatible with each other

soumdas2000

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Its not entirely A new pc, my gpu and psu and Hdd remain the same

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 960 2gb oc
Motherboard:ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME B350M-E
RAM: G.SKILL DESKTOP RAM RIPJAWS V SERIES 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 2400MHz
Cooler: The one that comes with The CPU
HDD: 465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA)
PSU: 450 Watt or 550 Watt, not sure.

Solution
Yes, the parts are compatible. But you should take a close look at your PSU. I would recommend getting a quality PSU from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic. There are many cheap PSUs on the market that can damage your components if there is a failure.

I would also suggest getting 2 sticks of RAM instead of 1 to run dual channel. So instead of getting 1 x 8gb get 2 x 4gb. Also, I would get higher speed ram than 2400mhz. Ryzen sees a big jump in performance with faster RAM. I would ram with at lease 3000mhz speed.

And if you have any extra money, a SSD would be a huge leap in performance from your HDD. Boot times and load times will be reduced drastically by installing your OS on a SSD and using the HDD for games.
Yes, the parts are compatible. But you should take a close look at your PSU. I would recommend getting a quality PSU from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic. There are many cheap PSUs on the market that can damage your components if there is a failure.

I would also suggest getting 2 sticks of RAM instead of 1 to run dual channel. So instead of getting 1 x 8gb get 2 x 4gb. Also, I would get higher speed ram than 2400mhz. Ryzen sees a big jump in performance with faster RAM. I would ram with at lease 3000mhz speed.

And if you have any extra money, a SSD would be a huge leap in performance from your HDD. Boot times and load times will be reduced drastically by installing your OS on a SSD and using the HDD for games.

Solution

soumdas2000

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

The psu is ether corsair or coolermaster. Getting 2x4gb ram would remove any option of upgrading to 16gb later on, also 2x8 gb is double of what I am willing to spend on ram atm. SSD is out of the question way to expencive, also dont mind the 5-6min boot times since have been dealing with this for a few years now. Also thank you for the reply.