Question Building a PC for 3D stuff/Gaming, Intel or AMD?

Mar 26, 2019
Hi, I'm kinda undecisive about choosing the right CPU for my new 3D Art/Gaming rig.

Should I get the Intel Core i5 9600k or choose Its AMD equivalent? What is better for both 3D and gaming?
My budget is 30k CZK which is 1300 in USD.
I chose to pair it with GTX 1660ti and 16GB RAM 2666MHz for the start, then planning to add more.

Thanks for any advice.
PS I'm not very much into PC Building, I just know the basic stuff, not an expert.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Find out what your software requirements are. For stuff like Adobe CC, AutoCad and several others, they run better and faster on Intel than a similar Ryzen. Other stuff like encoding and compiling runs better on any decent Ryzen than it's comparable Intel except for the i9-9900k or HEDT lga2066 who can match Ryzens cores.

Fot gaming, either works well, higher core models even better. High frequency monitors usually do slightly better on higher grade Intel, just from a top end point of view, but a regular 60Hz/1080p has nothing to worry about from either.

2666MHz is perfect for Intel, it's a 1:1 ratio with the memory controller, but 3200MHz works far better on Ryzens.

Feb 23, 2019
Ryzen 2700x is an awesome cpu at an affordable price. With a good motherboard, that graphics card, some good ram, and I feel that’s a very worthy setup

TRENDING THREADS