Building a pc need opinions/ guidance

Strider94

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

I have an issue with that as I live in the UK and both of those brands are not readily available/ well established over here, the only option to attain either of them is to import them from somewhere like Newegg and that makes the cost a fair amount over what I am willing to spend- do you know of alternatives (suggest a specific model)?

Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, and XFX are generally good PSU brands. You should look up some reviews for the PSU that you are thinking about buying and go from there.

There are already a few threads that deal with this exact topic on Toms, you should search the threads here too.

Here is a quote from g-unit1111 on another thread:

artyor

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Well this PSU will work with your PC, but since you are building a PC for longer use, the good brand PSU is always a good deal, since PSUs get weaker with time. As far as I know, the Bronze PSUs are not the best quality one, there are Gold and Platinum (at newegg website you can search by these categories which makes it easier for you to choose). As someone said, Corsair, Seasonic and XFX are quality brands, check some reviews and see which PSUs people buy the most and for what kind of builds...Newegg have review option so you can search in user's review comment section...I have CoolerMaster 550w for around 6 years, even thought my GPU ask for minimun 500w, it still runs fine.