building a pc

JCVincent

Commendable
May 28, 2016
when I build a pc do I have to buy software? I heard u can do a free version but not be able to change your background and things like this. ex your starting it up and the screen that tells u everything pops up and it says what GHZ everythings at and etc.

Solution
if you mean Windows, yes. you do have to buy an operating system. im not sure about the 'free version' but Windows usually costs around $100. other software, such as microsoft office/word you also may have to buy

brendenroumaya

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
if you mean Windows, yes. you do have to buy an operating system. im not sure about the 'free version' but Windows usually costs around $100. other software, such as microsoft office/word you also may have to buy

Solution

bitwright

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
I believe that you can get Windows 10 for free by joining the Windows Insider program. The Insider program is basically the Windows beta tester program, and the versions of Windows you'll get from them will be preview builds. If you don't mind being a beta tester and you really don't want to pay for Windows, then it might be worth a try.