building a workstation/gaming pc

nizaryos

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
hello everyone

it is time to upgrade my old q9550 with gtx 260

my build is core i7 5820k
motherboard either asrock x99 extreme 4 or msi x99 sli plus which one should i get ????
ram 16gb crucial ddr4 2133 mhz
sdd 250gb kingstone in addition western digital hdd 1tb
power supply thermaltake lite power 700watts was the only one available in the store
chassi also thermaltake
as for video card i will be using the pc for 90% rendering and 3d modeling and 10% gaming

should i get asus gtx 970 for 690$ or save the extra cash and get asus gtx 760 for 330$ since i wont be doing a lot of gaming

also i wont be doing any overclocking

thanks in advance

Solution
If you are using the system for renedering, have you thought about a Quadro or FireGL card? If you were looking at spending almost $700 for a card you can easily get a mid range pro card. They are optimized for working with programs like CAD and video render stuff. And should be able to handle games although not as fast due to the drivers being optimized for quality and accuracy rather than speed.
If you are using the system for renedering, have you thought about a Quadro or FireGL card? If you were looking at spending almost $700 for a card you can easily get a mid range pro card. They are optimized for working with programs like CAD and video render stuff. And should be able to handle games although not as fast due to the drivers being optimized for quality and accuracy rather than speed.

Solution