Building and Editing/Animation/Rendering PC around 2k

Portizoa

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Hello! In the near future, I'm planning on using around 1600 to 2200 dollars to purchase components to build a new editing PC, for the one I use now is not very sufficient. Primary concerns are working with 3D and 2D compositing, editing, and animations. Secondary concern is gaming. I've never built a computer, but I have done some research on editing PCs and their components and was curious as to the value and overall quality of the build I put together. It is obviously a WIP. Please bear with me because I'm sure I've made a few oversights or mistakes. Thank you!
PC Part Picker List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Portizoa/saved/Fm9hMp

Solution
You think you actually need 64 GB ram? You really want fast ram with ryzen but you can't run fast ram with 4 slots occupied and it seems there are no fast 32gb*2 kits. If you actually use over 32 GB ram your setup will be faster if 32 GB is enough everything will run faster with some bdie chip 3200 MHz ram.

I'd also consider something like a noctua dh14 or 15 for a CPU cooler if you can drop the ram as under that kind of load daily especially if you oc some you'll want a good cooler.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You think you actually need 64 GB ram? You really want fast ram with ryzen but you can't run fast ram with 4 slots occupied and it seems there are no fast 32gb*2 kits. If you actually use over 32 GB ram your setup will be faster if 32 GB is enough everything will run faster with some bdie chip 3200 MHz ram.

I'd also consider something like a noctua dh14 or 15 for a CPU cooler if you can drop the ram as under that kind of load daily especially if you oc some you'll want a good cooler.

Solution

MadOver

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016

True, also I would get a better motherboard with the R7 CPU, a X370 perhaps the killer which has good price.