Question building and sff node 202, but you choose

Mar 12, 2019
hey guys so im about to build a new rig and have all the parts.
pc parts:
node 202 case
noctua cpu fan
2x noctua case fans
ssd
silentstorm sfx gold 500 watt
cpu:....
motherboard:...

so this is my build and i wanted to ask you to fill in the cpu and motherboard with reason. I shall buy the one who convinces me the most. I have a i5 6500 at home but i dont if i should use it. pls tell me what you think. thank you.

Eximo

Titan
Herald
I think you would need to be more specific with your parts and desires to get an answer. The node is not large, so there are going to serious limits on what can go in there. Just listing a brand name isn't enough.

Noctua makes a few coolers, but the exact model is needed for CPU/Motherboard compatibility. Or if you have the mounting kits and you know it fits in the node, what sockets does it support?

Type of SSD, M.2 or SATA, do you want additional drives? M.2 eliminates one power and one data cable, which is useful in small form factor builds.

You didn't mention a GPU? WIll this be for gaming or actually as an HTPC? Power supply is good for most GPUs, especially with a locked CPU. But an i5-6500 is more than enough for video playback.

On the motherboard, what features were you looking for? WiFi? Type-C? RGB (probably not)?

i5-6500 will drop right into the 100 and 200 series LGA1151 boards, so that is an option and would save you quite a bit.