Build Advice Building gaming PC myself for the first time!

ThomasLock

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Hey guys

I saved up some $$$ and now I want to build a gaming pc myself.
I do have a bit of practice on older systems and it's basically plug-and-play I guess.

Now I was wondering about the parts, I already have a case:
Sharkoon TG5 Tower
&
2 x WD blue 1TB HDD's that I want to use in RAID 0. (And a 2TB back-up drive)

And for the things im gonna buy:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X socket AM4 processor
Fan: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 cpu-cooler
Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING, socket AM4 motherboard
RAM: Corsair 32 GB DDR4-3200 Kit White - CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W - Vengeance RGB PRO - XMP
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING OC
SSD: Corsair Force Series MP600, 1 TB SSD
PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Any part that should maybe be switched out with something else?
Any other recommendations?

Have a good one!

Last edited:

4745454b

Titan
Wait, you're going to drop $2k+ on a system and reuse some old spinning hard drives? Seriously?

You picked a lot of high end parts so the only weak spot is your drive choice and maybe the psu. Double check that. You don't want a cheap/low end unit in there with $2k of parts attached to it.

ThomasLock

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Wait, you're going to drop $2k+ on a system and reuse some old spinning hard drives? Seriously?

You picked a lot of high end parts so the only weak spot is your drive choice and maybe the psu. Double check that. You don't want a cheap/low end unit in there with $2k of parts attached to it.

FYI the Hard Drives haven't been used yet and im gonna use those for storage only not planning on installing any games on those(except for maybe old games).

I switched out the drive with a 1TB ssd instead of 500GB.

And for the PSU maybe this one: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

I'm still really new to this so if anyone has a recommendation for a specific part let me know :)