Building gaming pc to play most dirext 10 games on max

scottytoohotty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
elloo, i would just like to ask if this system will be able to play most if not all direct 10 games at max, like far cry 2, crysis etc.
the website i use for the whole computer is mesh.
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q8200 Quad Core Processor(2.33GHz,4MB Cache,1333MHz)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit - English
Midi Tower XGS Gaming Chassis - Black / Red Mesh + 550W PSU [upg £ 25.00]
ASUS P5QL Mainboard - Intel Core™ 2 Duo/ Quad/ Extreme - ATX
8GB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (4 x 2GB) [upg £ 40.00]
1TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer [upg £ 40.00]
Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM
1GB ATi HD4850 Graphics accelerator - DVI, DirectX 10.1 PCI Express 2 [upg £ 40.00]
52-in-1 Multi-format Memory Card Reader (ATX)
7.1 High Definition onboard sound card - for 8 Channel Cinema sound
now any advice would be lovely, but realise if you gona coment on componets, then not much point as i do not want to build my self, id rather mesh do, so only open to so many options. please feel free to visit the site, just type mesh in google and its the first one, go on base systems, Elite Pro HD4670 and then choose what you please.
thank you for time and effort in reading this thread

tecmo34

Administrator
^+1 hunter315...

I would recommend changing out the PSU to a Corsair or PC Power&Cooling.

What is your overall budget? We might be able to suggest a different build that will better performance (AM3... etc.)

scottytoohotty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
well heres what happening, this is my gaming computer that ive wanted my whole like(sad i know) and its gona be xmas prez. im in england so, im getting 500 pounds paid for me, and was going to make my self £406 what would afford that. razer keyboard n mouse, speakers and that monitor. so i can afford roughly 900 pounds but if i compremise on price of monitor then i should be able to change a few things. but i cant find another site that has this kind of quality for valve. and i dnt want to build i my self because i dnt know how. so if you can find all the parts and somehow find a place to build it for me that doesnt cost anything or alot. then that would make me happiest person everr.
again thanks for your time

Well unfortunately he is getting it through a computer company so there are limited options to work with. This is the one he is looking at.
http://www.meshcomputers.com/default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=497697&APPS=241270

I would suggest upgrading to the 700 watt PSU option they offer because it is of unknown quality so i wouldnt cut it close on the power draw. I suggest upgrading to either the 4870 or 4890 either one of them should be able to handle that resolution well. It all depends on your budget. If you can afford it the 4890 is significantly better.

scottytoohotty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
well just checked, i dnt think i can. but i can get exact same system but with AMD 3.2 GHz quad core. for 4 pounds cheaper. so if i should get that then i dnt know because i dnt know if Intel 2.33 is better than it. so if u go AMD systems on mesh and go for 699 one i thinkk. u can see for ur self but i really need to compromise on something to afford that graphics card coz its 105 pounds moree. but i just to be able to play games on max high 20's 30's fps. so i dnt want amazing comp just want it to do that.

Actually that AMD system would probably out perform the Intel one because of the stronger CPU and the crossfired 4850's while costing you less. It seems their PSU's are HEC brand, i dont know much about that brand so we can only hope that they are good PSU's.

scottytoohotty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
ok thank you very much, this helps alot. plus my buget all depends on how much money i make until xmas, as i most likely iwll have job from summer holidays til xmas, so most likely will have more money and will be able to afford new PSU n graphics card.
thanksssss

tecmo34

Administrator
Make sure you stop back by when Christmas gets close. We'll need to give "Santa" some more help because by that time the DX11 cards & the Core i5 will be on the market so things might change for your build, plus you might feel up to building your own by than. It is not as hard as you might think and there are many "how to's" on google that walk you through it.... Just a thought.

scottytoohotty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
oh thanks man, im sure i will stop by when Santa is arriving soon, as prices will most likely drop a lot of components and i might want other things, but i doubt ill be able to afford a dX11 machine that could play these new games, what i didn't know would come out this soon, unless you don't mean a new generation of pc games, like the next-next gen. but yes i can get my mate to build it to be honest, but it was the fact that i do have a pretty good knowledge of the parts and what ones are better. but i will obviously come here to confirm my thoughts and worries.
thanks again for everyone that replied