Building higher end PC, any opinions or suggestions appreciated.

kyle1382

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
I'm getting ready to build a new PC to replace my older one, and would like it to last at least 4-5 years if possible. Who knows what the market and my interests will be, so after 20 years this may be the last PC I build and would like to get the most out of it. I'm not planning on overclocking, but also not opposed to it. Here's the current list of parts, would love any critiques or suggestions before I start ordering the rest of the parts (video card is already in hand) over the weekend. This will only be for the tower, I've already got the peripherals, 2 monitors with one being a GSync Acer XB270HU, speakers, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel i7-8700k
CPU Cooler: Corsair CW-9060025-WW Hydro Series, H100i v2
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I mini-ITX
RAM: CORSAIR - Vengeance 2-Pack 8GB PC4-24000 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory
Video Card: ASUS 1080ti Poseidon Platinum (already got this one)
Hard Drive: Samsung 960 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650w 80+ Gold
Case: Debating between the Fractal Design - Define Mini C, the Fractal Design Meshify C, or a comparable NZXT.

kyle1382

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010

Mostly gaming, ended up going with the Meshify for space and airflow reasons, looking at some of the smaller ones it was definitely a concern. I'll have to see how everything fits since I'm just using the m.2 hard drive, no optical drive, etc, and will go from there.
Also got the 3000 mhz RAM, think I may have linked the wrong one. Bang for buck did you have any other recommendations? DDR4 wasn't even out for my last build so I'm still playing catch up a bit.
Thanks.

kyle1382

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010

Mobo is shipping now. I looked at one of the larger ones that also had USB-C, but it only had 3-4 usb ports where the 370-I has more which is always handy.
For the RAM, if I'm going to go 3200, would it be worth to up to 3400-3600 since they seem to be within the same $20 usd range? Or is 3200 the better pricepoint in your opinon?

kyle1382

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010

I got MSRP on Newegg thanks to an alert when they had a few in stock last week, which is as good a deal as I'm going to get in the near future from the look of things :(
Glad to hear about the Meshify, I have the Define R4 Black Pearl Window on my current rig, and it's made me a very loyal Fractal Design customer.