Question building ibuypower pc pls help.

Dec 14, 2018
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Holiday-Sale-Intel-Snowblind
Building this beast for the holidays just looking for general guidance. Here is what i have set in stone so far.

Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor (6x 3.70GHz/12MB L3 Cache)

16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance LPX
Enough memory? Good choice?

ENERMAX 120MM T40FIT CPU Cooler- White. Don't want to do liquid cooling unless necessary is there a better option for air cooling?

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB (GDDR6) (VR-Ready) Trying to make this work in the build.

MSI Z390-A PRO -- Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (1 Type-C, 3 Rear, 4 Front), DIY Friendly
Is there a better motherboard option?

850 Watt - EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular(includes Sleeved Cables) Is this too much power

M.2/PCI-E SSD Card - Do I need one of these? Do I need an SLI Bridge?

240 GB ADATA SU650 SSD -- Read: 520MB/s, Write: 450MB/s Was told this was a good option but also asking do i need another hard drive? and if i do which should be the primary drive?

Anything helps never done this before eager to learn. Thanks :)

It will be a lot cheaper is you build it your self.

What is your budget? What monitor do you have? The 2080ti is an amazing card, but if you dont have a 4k/144hz monitor, then there is no reason to get at 2080ti and those montiors cost $2k.

Yes, there are a lot better coolers that you can get. The Noctua NH-D14 is one of the best air coolers on the market.

I would go with this. I includes the monitor needed to push a 2080ti. I also kept the white build theme. High end parts for good prices (except for the 2080ti, it is stupidly expensive).

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nx6RbX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nx6RbX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($289.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard ($183.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($118.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Dual OC Video Card ($1299.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer - Predator X27 bmiiphzx 27.0" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor ($1799.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $3947.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-14 15:00 EST-0500

USAFRet

Titan
"Subtotal: $2,499"

So many things wrong there.

120mm liquid cooler
A single 240GB, second rate SSD
That GPU is way overpowered if you don't have an expensive monitor to go with it.

Here's what that stuff actually costs:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($319.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Enermax - ETS-T40F-TB 47.72 CFM CPU Cooler ($47.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI - Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($128.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Dual OC Video Card ($1299.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.44 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.00 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($98.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2256.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-14 15:15 EST-0500

You're spending 50% on just the GPU.
[sarcasm]And of course, the legendary assembly and warranty.[/sarcasm]

Dec 14, 2018

I currently have a 4k tv haven't given a monitor much thought but would the tv even work? Yes I know it will be cheaper to build. The power supply you recommended isnt on the prebuilt options list except in 850 watts would that be too much power? And then with storage you recommend a 1tb ssd? just that alone? I have seen a lot of people say get a 240 gb ssd and then a seperate 1tb hhd.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

It would but the input lag on T.V.s can get annoying. Monitors are much better for P.C. gaming. SSDs are cheap enough now where you can get a 1TB ssd at a reasonable price and store all of your stuff on it.

4k 144hz monitors are nice. You can save some $$ and get an ultrawide 120hz monitor as well. Unless you're going to SLI 2080tis you won't get anywhere near 144hz on aaa titles @4k. I guess it leaves room to upgrade in the future I suppose. 850W is definitely not too much power. Just make sure to get a quality psu.

Dec 14, 2018

The link opens to those default options I was going to choose an air cooler bc I don't want to deal with liquid cooling but if I did how often would I have to even change that? They offer that thermaltake coolant. Lots of the options for 1080 cards say they give a free upgrade to the 2080 so I didn't really think much of it. And paying 150 or so for the assembly/warranty wasn't a big deal to me one options even covers shipping too so I thought if it breaks I'll get it fixed. The price changes a lot when you choose the other options that say "free upgrade to blahblahblah" I feel like you could finagle it to make a good deal if you know the right parts (i dont)

Yeah, dont get a 2080ti if you only have a 4k TV. Get a 2080. It will work fine. The input lag is a real thing and computer monitors are different from TVs, but it is not bad.

It is a lot easier have one big drive than multiple smaller ones. SSDs have gotten really cheap which is making HDDs a tough buy. The Crucial MX500 is a really good SSD and it does not cost much more than the 240gb SSD you selected and an HDD. While SSDs dont always make frame rates matter for gaming, they can prevent hitching and speed up boot times. Plus the SSD you selected is not very good.

As far as PSU, there is no harm in getting a bigger one that you need, you just may pay more for it. For a system with a 2080, I would go with a decent PSU from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic.

My advice is this, build it yourself. All the parts snap together and you can just go step by step with videos on the internet. You dont need to know how it works to put it together. Plus, you might learn something too. It is a good feeling that first time you hook it up and hit the power button and everything comes to life. It will also save you some money. Even if you hire someone locally to you to put it together, it will be a lot cheaper thank ibuypower.

Dec 14, 2018

Alright alright. I am open to building it the ibuypower option just seemed easier as well as there is a lot of other stuff that you can add at a much cheaper price, a headset and a decent keyboard for 10 bucks and a free mousepad? It seemed like I could make something decent without spending more money than I would building it myself. But alright then lets build it myself. Looking at the list you provided are there any cooler cases out there? I like the white maybe another one with lights or something that doesn't look so simple I am still trying to go all out the goal was to order a prebuilt computer and make it badass and never have to upgrade things unless I really wanted too, and If I am going to do this lets look for a dual monitor setup I have other plans for the tv now.

USAFRet

Titan

"Price" is not the final consideration.
It is a large part, but not the only part.

Assembly. You personally are going to take all afternoon, and handle it with loving care. Route the cables 'just so'.
And you'll have a far greater understanding of how things go, than simply a black box full of parts.

From iBuyPower...you just hope that everything is actually connected. Seriously.

We've seen members with brand new systems here...DVD not connected, system fails to boot up right out of the box, glue where there should not be glue...
Oh yes...actual systems off their assembly line.

I'm about to unleash 2 of my grandkids (young teen) on a pile of parts to assemble. I'd trust them far more than the monkeys are ibuypower or cyberpower.

Dec 14, 2018

Looked around on newegg and decided on this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP7AE9550
So if I am going to build this lets look at what would be ideal.
Don't need to pay for the 2080 how about the 1080 ti. Not focused on 4k gaming just gaming that runs well If I have the option in a game to play 4k ill try it but I know it doesnt always run well.
Gonna need a dual monitor setup then im going to do something else with the tv.
I would prefer air cooling but if you think anyone could manage liquid cooling im open to it.

Added the case to a list just add in what you think is good
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Dec 14, 2018

Throw it in the parts list, like I said I am asking for help so go ahead throw it in there I'll opt for a 1080 graphics card instead throw the one you think would work in there, make the build around that case I'm trying to learn so show me whats up!
If you can try to find an rgb memory for the color then lets talk do you think a beginner can handle and maintenance liquid cooling? If so can we go with whatever coolant has the longest replacement time. I have the budget for this so make it nice dont be shy

USAFRet

Titan

We give recommendations. You change your parts list.

All In One coolers have no maintenance or coolant replacement.
Install and that's it.
And if you're going with liquid, 240mm or larger radiator.

Dec 14, 2018

Fair enough, recommend an rgb memory? recommend an all in one cooler possibly with lights as well if you can find maybe like a purple/pink? If im looking for a 1080 recommend a specific one that you think will work well with the list so far would you change the motherboard or processor? Optical drive?

Thanks
found an all in one thoughts? https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterLiquid-Chamber-MLA-D24M-A18PC-R1/dp/B07CRGC899

USAFRet

Titan

I'm not much up on RGB anything.
For me, the fewer lights the better...:lol:

Optical drive? Only if you really need one. Most people don't.
And you need a case that has space for that.

Dec 14, 2018

Okay, thoughts on the cooler? https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterLiquid-Chamber-MLA-D24M-A18PC-R1/dp/B07CRGC899
And which 1080 should i put in with the processor and motherboard would you change anything? Do you think I will be fine with just one ssd?