Building/Modifying First Gaming Computer for Rocket League, also need to hire Potentiometer fixer

Apr 6, 2018
Hello Tom's Hardware community.

Let me start off by saying i am 1 handed (right hand only). I have been a playstation gamer for decades, last time I computer gamed was FFVII and First Warcrafts and Starcrafts. Last black friday i bought a second ps4 (a slim) cause got tired of deleting games for space and so i could have two ps4s useable in house. I had bought a Samsung 27" curved monitor that i used for when i played rocket league over my 55" tv but that recently hit ground and corner is black out. I use a titan 2 device (previously titan 1) to game on ps4 with my 1 handed controllers.

For mostly every game but Rocket League i use the dragonplus rpg (now made by console and gadgets in the uk, thanks to me I let them take my dragonplus back in 2008ish for 2 years to reverse engineer) 1 handed controller for majority of games. Your index controls the left stick. I have like 6 of these new C&G ones and they go out so fast, the sticks start sticking or character moves on its own. Bought another few months ago still waiting on it.

For rocket league I use a edimensional ben heck designed access controller which is no longer made. I have 2 of them and they use little pods so you can layout the buttons how you want. Well i only use it one way and i basically take my 2 left and right sticks and constantly switch them out to use whichever works the best. They have all gone bad, showing input when not pressed or not resetting to 0 once i let go. This has made solo duel incredibly hard. Ive hit diamond on 3s and 2s but only plat 1 for short bit on solo duel and now im at gold 2 thanks to free goals given. Happens a lot on kick off just veer to the left or right.

If someone can switch out the potentionmeters in 2 of these sticks i will pay you to do it. I order a potentiometer but these pods have a 32 pin connector on the back that lets it connect to the board.

Now onto the main part of the post. I have been considering going to pc gaming for quite some time. figured if i didnt have to use the titan 2 device or have it connected to a ps4 and a computer that maybe i would get better luck out of my controller. Right now i am having to run over 20 deadzone to play.

I currently have a computer I built in early 2016 for video editing, I use to race offroad and I made videos from my gopro. I also have cad software on it for metal fabrication.

Budget isnt really an issue, however I would much rather put money into a nice curved monitor like 27-32" and a decent graphics card. So here is what I have please tell me if any of it is still useful or if i need to start from scratch. It will mostly be for rocket league only. I am still going to console game my other games. I havent gotten into mmorpg or big fps like csgo (just COD on ps4). I would like to stream though.

Ok here goes.

Motherboard Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 (646976 on receipt, i know several different models of this 1)
AMD FX 6300 Black Edition 3.5 GHZ 14.0MB total cache am3+ socket with heatsink
Video: Nvidia GeForce GT420 Gigabyte GV-N420-2GI
Ram: 2x Ballistic 8gb DDR3 1600 UDIMM 1.5v (i know board can hold a lot more has 4 slots)
Power: Apevia ATX-CB700w
Case: USB 3.0 front slots, 2 built in fans (1 coolmast 12mm sickleflow fan, 1 on cpu heatsink and 1 on video card, dunno if power has 1: so 5/6 total) has 2 water tube slots, 3 full drive slots and 1 smaller drive front slot, 6 hard drive slots, and 7 rear card slots
Memory: Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD Sata 3
Memory: WD 1 TB 64mb cache model WD10EZEX disc date Jan 14
Memory: Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm disc date Dec 08
Memory: Seagate 360gb 7200rpm date card 08174
Also has a PCIe Gigabit NIC wired card and a Superwritemaster Speed + disc drive
Right now just using a 24" led tv as a monitor through hdmi so monitor is definitely on list.

These are extras I have:
WD 320GB model WD3200AAJS May 08 disc drive
Hitachi 160gb 5400rpm Feb 08 smaller laptop size disc drive
Fujitsu Model MHV2060AH June 06 smaller laptop size disc drive
Ram: PNY 64COMHHHJ-HS 1235 P207021
Ram: Cendyne 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600
ATI TV Tuner card model B196 PCIe i believe
4 pin to sata spliter
Dencool Heatsink fan combo
Netgear Wireless N dual bad usb network model WNDA3100
usb 2.0 hub
BNIB WD 2 TB My passport ultra HD

I know this is a lot but i so greatly appreciate the help with figuring out what i need to get to build a gaming computer as well as if you can fix my joysticks or point me in the right direction to get them fixed.

thank you

Apr 6, 2018
I wouldnt mind having a stand alone gaming pc, since i never even touch this pc anymore due to lap tops and no longer video editing. So if i could go to a smaller tower or cut parts out would be great. Being that i play 1 hand having the best input and graphics will help me tremendously. Especially input. So if we can make it do 144 fps that be awesome.