[SOLVED] building my cousin a budget pc wonder what a good budget psu would be for this build

Feb 26, 2020
pc specs
case: corsair 275r from one of my previous builds
mobo: prime x470 from one of my previous builds
cpu: ryzen 7 2700x from one of my previous builds
ram: corsair 2x8 cl16 3200
gpu: rx 5600 xt
storage: 1 250GB ssd 1 1TB HDD
cooling: 5 case fans and stock ryzen cpu cooler
like the tittle says was wondering what budget psu i can get by with for this build around the $100 range preferably lower

Solution
It is an especially bad time to purchase power supplies right now. There is very little supply because they are basically ALL made in Chinese factories, and there have been none being shipped to the US for some time now so it's getting to be slim picken's.

This however is probably your very best choice near the hundred dollar mark, if you can afford a few more bucks. Not even a budget unit. A very high quality Super Flower built model.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $109.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-11 22:21 EDT-0400
It is an especially bad time to purchase power supplies right now. There is very little supply because they are basically ALL made in Chinese factories, and there have been none being shipped to the US for some time now so it's getting to be slim picken's.

This however is probably your very best choice near the hundred dollar mark, if you can afford a few more bucks. Not even a budget unit. A very high quality Super Flower built model.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $109.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-11 22:21 EDT-0400

The next lowest model that I could reliably recommend would be the Corsair CX (2017) models, but at 90 bucks for that, for a model that a few months ago was selling for around 65 bucks, it doesn't make any sense at all to pay that for a non-modular Bronze certified unit when for twenty bucks more you can get a much higher quality AND Gold certified G3 unit. And I'd jump on that immediately if you are inclined to do so, because all of these power supplies are looking to be available ONLY through third party price rapers before the month is out.

Solution
Feb 26, 2020
yeah the supply and pricing is horrible for sure tho this build isn't going to happen right away maybe in the next 2 to 3 months he has to save the money first lol but hopefully the supply problem looks better by then i was just starting to plan out the build thank you for the info very helpful

Last edited:
This could be helpful.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
According to Corsair, they should be in stock as of the week of the 18th, my SF just arrived in stock 4 days ago. Everyone is sold out of everything or price gouging like red-headed step children turned bandit. A week ago, my psu on Amazon was $600, the mobo I want is still $699 there. Even saw a rtx2060 super for $1350. Ebay is currently higher priced for used equipment than some stores new, and eBay new stuff is $100-$200 more. It's crazy.

Yes, it is insanely ridiculous to the point where it has slipped out of the realm of believability and comfortably into the chair next to the mad hatter and the hare.

tumblr_n7md73CWVp1ttoo2do1_1280.jpg