Building my first gaming PC

Ranzar

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Hi,

I want to build a gaming PC but I am not sure if all the parts will work together.

Case: NZXT H440W
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI PLUS 2011 ATX 8x DDR4, 4x PCIe 2/3, 10x SATA3, USB3
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz, LGA1150, Quad-Core
Graphic Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 4GB
Memory: DDR3 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2133MHz (2x8GB)
Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO 540MBs/410MBs
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M 750W

The SSD is just for windows, I plan on using the one I have (1 TB) now as a secondary.
Is it better to get a hybrid SSHD instead?

Can you tell me if this will work together and if I am making any mistakes, like do I need less or more than 750W power supply?

Solution
While you have good high end parts, you could cut quite a bit from the budget and still have a system that will play any game on high settings.

Are you planning on usng a 4k monitor? If not, you can easily drop a level or two in video card and also get an i5 CPU instead of the i7.

Use the savings to get a larger SSD, at least a 240. You'd want to install programs on it for a fast response time and a 120 is very small for even a few modern games and Windows.
While you have good high end parts, you could cut quite a bit from the budget and still have a system that will play any game on high settings.

Are you planning on usng a 4k monitor? If not, you can easily drop a level or two in video card and also get an i5 CPU instead of the i7.

Use the savings to get a larger SSD, at least a 240. You'd want to install programs on it for a fast response time and a 120 is very small for even a few modern games and Windows.

Solution