Building my first low-end gaming pc

Jan 9, 2019
Hello there.
Ițve using laptops my whole life, bought and sold, broke and repaired over 15 laptops in that time and i never even thought about getting into a desktop because i needed the mobility. Now i ended up working from home so i decide to build my own pc, since it's cheaper for me than buying a prebuilt one.

This is (will be) my setup:
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M, Socket AM4
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, 3.6 GHz, 16MB, Socket AM4
Video: ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti STRIX GAMING O4G
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DIMM, DDR4, 2400 MHz
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda® 1TB, 7200rpm, 64MB cache, SATA III (and prolly an SSD to go with it)
PSU: nJoy Woden 650, 650W Real Power, PFC Activ

Now, i've researched as much as i can, but i ain't got the knowledge to know if this setup is ok for some gaming and usual usage of a pc. I'm on a really tight budget so i can't really get into higher stuff.

Now, i got a couple of questions, if you don't mind and you're still reading this. :)

1. As a laptop user, i got used to having 2 gpus, the integrated one from the processor and a dedicated one. AFAIK, the integrated one would most likely run when just browsing the web, watching a movie, daily tasks and the dedicated one will kick in when you play games, render video, etc. (correct me if i'm wrong).
Those Ryzen CPUs (i'm thorn between 1600X and 2600) both miss that integrated graphics card. Will that be an issue? I won't game all day long (just a few hours), i'll watch movies and work on skype most of the time, will that affect the lifespan of the dedicated GPU? I mean, since that gtx will be running all the time, no matter what i do.

2. Does 16gb of ram show an increase in perfomance? Is it worth it to double up those 8gb?
And also, i got no clue about RAM memory. I'd appreciate some budget recommendations.

3. I'm thinking about buying a case that has like 3 fans on it, with colors and stuff, ya know? I've read somewhere that if you plug those directly into the PSU, they'll just spin at 100% all the time. You gotta connect them to the motherboard to be controlled by the system. But i got little to no clue on how to connect multiple fans to a single entry in the motherboard. Gotta mention that the case has a "fan controller built in", whatever that is.

Can someone please also recommend a good PSU, silent one that has all the cables needed?

Yeah, that's kinda it. Sorry about the long post, but it's my first custom built pc ever and i don't wanna waste my money.

1. If the RX 570 8gb is comparable, i'd choose that card.
2. Weather people want to admit or not, 8gb is minimum and 16gb is the new standard. It all depends on what games you play. If you play triple A titles, the yes you'll need 16g. However if you're only playing esports titles like CSGO and leage of legends, then 8gb will suffice.
3. The amount of fan headers depends on what ATX form factor motherboard you go with. It looks like you chose micro ATX, so you have 2 chassis fan headers, and one CPU Fan header. This will allow you one front intake, rear exhaust and CPU fan header. If you were to choose a full atx motherboard you'd get more fan headers.

Here are some power supplies I recommend:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ B&H)
Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-09 11:30 EST-0500

Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($53.97 @ Newegg)
Total: $53.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-09 11:30 EST-0500

Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $49.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-09 11:31 EST-0500

Jan 9, 2019
The RX 570 is way too pricy for me right now. I'd rather go with more ram as of now and upgrade the GPU along the way.
Not, about the motherboard, is this a full atx? Asus PRIME B350-PLUS. Would i be able to mount my fans on this one?
As for the PSUs, i can't fine the ones you linked in my country stores, but i found this one: EVGA BQ 600B, 80 PLUS Bronze
is that better?

Jan 9, 2019
I agree with SgtScream but if you are willing to go used on a graphics card, you could get a gtx 970 or r9 390 for around 100-120. Otherwise the 1050 ti is fine for most games.

Jan 9, 2019
I'm from Romania. Thing is here prices are very high, i can get them cheaper on amazon, but with all that insane trasnport fees, i'll end up around the same price. It's my first gaming pc, i don't need something to play games at ultra settings. I've always played games on laptops, i'm used to low/medium settings and i like those. I don't need hundreds of fps or ultra settings. I just wanna get started into building pc's without hurting my wallet.
As for the PSU, i'm completely stuck. Found one that i got recommended but, in dollars, it's like 200 in here. It's way too much. It's just a PSU. Why does it matter so much?

And i won't ever buy used hardware. Especially a GPU. That's a no-no for me. I don't trust people or their used products. I'd rather get something new.

I picked up a used GTX 1080ti for $550 USD and it's running great. You have to get over that mental block dude. You have to take responsibility when purchasing used on eBay and make sure you purchase from a reputable seller with a 30-60 day money back guarantee. Reputable sellers want you to have a good experience purchasing through them. You don't want to skimp on the power supply because it will give you headache immediately or in the near future. I know you think you're benefiting yourself by going as cheap as possible, but it's a double edged sword. You get what you pay for and if you pay for junk, you'll get junk. If you think about it, that's wasting your money. I'd rather purchase something that works, that will last a long time then spend my hard earned money on something that is junk.

Jan 9, 2019
Yeah, i can't really use ebay either, the transport fees are huge. I end up paying like 100 bucks for transport. I can't really do that.
As for the mental block, it's not that, i just got bad experiences with buying used product and i promised i'll never do it again.
Look, i just want a pc that will take me through 2019 (i'll probably upgrade or make a new one by the end of the year) without hassle and without spending a whole lot of money.
What should i look at when buying a PSU?

Give me a list of power supplies you're looking at.

Jan 9, 2019

nJoy Titan 500
Segotep, SG-600B 500W
Segotep ATX-500WH
Corsair VS Series VS550
Sirtec 700W, Simplicity Series, RED LED, HPG-700ST-T12S

Those are the ones i can fit into my current budget.

And for the fans and motherboard, there is no way to connect multiple fans? I'm kinda stuck into buying something with fans and colors (being my first build, i'm maybe a little overexcited). Because those The motherboards i mentioned earlier are a little over what i wanna spend on one.

Jan 9, 2019
I was looking at Deepcool MATREXX 55 DP. What do you think? And why wouldn't you recommend those PSUs? What's wrong with them?

Edit: From what i've seen and read, it has like some adapter for all the fans so they can go into one header.

Jan 9, 2019

Well, name brands cost more money. Since it's my first, i don't wanna spend money on something i'm not familiar with. You get that, right?
I know that you guys want the best, but the best means more money. I need to build something that i can game on casually, in which i can learn about building pcs without spending top dollars.

So it's doable with splitters or hubs, that's what i wanted to know. As for the PSU, i'll go with whichever has the best reviews on my sites. If it breaks, it breaks, i've learned a new lesson.

The deal with the name brand is that the ones we recommend are quality PSU's. A quality PSU is made with good components and circuitry that prevents fires, and if there is an issue it won't take all your PC components. A PSU is the heart of any system.

TRENDING THREADS