[SOLVED] Building my first PC, is this good enough and compatible completely?

karthik.gems

Reputable
Nov 5, 2018
Planning for my first build. I chose the below components, mostly buying tomorrow or the day after.
Let me know your inputs if this is good enough for the budget or if we can do anything to make it better !! Thanks in advance.

1. CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
  2. MOBO - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (or) Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
  3. RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8gb
  4. Case - Cooler Master 511 RGB
  5. PSU - Corsair 650M
  6. GPU - Galax RTX 2060 Super (1-Click OC) 8GB
  7. SSD - Samsung 860 EVO
  8. HD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  9. Microtek UPS Twin Guard Pro+ 1000VA (For protection against voltage surges)
The entire budget comes around 1200 $.
Please give some advice/corrections on this build.

Also, voltage surges are usual in our area and we don't have an inverter setup for our home. So I would appreciate if anyone can confirm if this PSU is any good.

Solution
You could go for a non MSI board but you'd need to make sure the BIOS has been updated enough to utilize the 3rd gen CPU's although the Tomahawk MAX is a solid board.

As long as the PSU is a good quality unit then 550W is plenty. For Corsair I'd probably get the TXM.

Fair enough, the 2060S is a good GPU and will easily handle 1440P on higher settings.

karthik.gems

Reputable
Nov 5, 2018
My recommended changes.

1. MSI MAX for compatability.
  2. Ideally 3200mhz
  3. Get the Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 550W.
  4. Intel 660P NVMe M.2 is probably cheaper and is still fast.

Thanks for the quick reply.
  1. Many suggested to go with Tomahawk Max for direct compatibility. I am only worried that msi warranty process is a little bit cumbersome.
  2. Sure, I will prefer that.
  3. Seasonic are not sold here in our country and there are no service centers in our city for Seasonic. Is it okay if I go with similar Gold plus rated PSU in corsair/cooler master? Also, is 550 sufficient for this build??
  4. I already have the 860 Evo bought few months ago. So instead of buying a new one, I am using the one I already have so that I can go for 2060 super instead of 2060.

WildCard999

Titan
You could go for a non MSI board but you'd need to make sure the BIOS has been updated enough to utilize the 3rd gen CPU's although the Tomahawk MAX is a solid board.

As long as the PSU is a good quality unit then 550W is plenty. For Corsair I'd probably get the TXM.

Fair enough, the 2060S is a good GPU and will easily handle 1440P on higher settings.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS