[SOLVED] Building my first PC. Need help.

Nov 19, 2019
I am trying to build my first pc but I am not sure if all the parts will work together or if they are good. This is my current list. Is this good enough to play GTAV and Arma3? Also will these parts work together let alone fit in the case. I already have the case. Thanks! I'm so nervous.

Yeah this is a pretty good list, you'll definitely be able to handle those 2 games with these specs. I do question though why you chose a high budget CPU but then a low budget GPU? It'd make more sense to get a 5700 XT. It's a bit more pricey but much more bang for your buck if you want to stay in the mid tier range but also be able to handle 1440p Gaming in the future. Also you should check out the 1660 Super, it has almost the same performance as a 1660 Ti but at a lower price.

Nov 19, 2019
Yeah this is a pretty good list, you'll definitely be able to handle those 2 games with these specs. I do question though why you chose a high budget CPU but then a low budget GPU? It'd make more sense to get a 5700 XT. It's a bit more pricey but much more bang for your buck. If you want to stay in the mid tier range. Also you should check out the 1660 Super, it has almost the same performance as a 1660 Ti but at a lower price.
My lack of knowledge with parts is why its high budget/low budget lol. Would this one be better ( Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6gb OC)? Also what CPU should I get if i over did it. Still looking to run Arma and GTA V at good rates.
Edit: If I keep my CPU and use the new GPU provided above will it still work?

Last edited:
My lack of knowledge with parts is why its high budget/low budget lol. Would this one be better ( Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6gb OC)? Also what CPU should I get if i over did it. Still looking to run Arma and GTA V at good rates.
Edit: If I keep my CPU and use the new GPU provided above will it still work?

Yeah keep the 8700K and get the cheaper GPU (1660 Super) It's essentially a 1-5 FPS difference but you'll be at 70FPS range with both cards anyway. You'll save about 30-70$ (varying on model and local taxes/sales) and will have the CPU legroom to upgrade video cards later in the future.

Nov 19, 2019
Yeah keep the 8700K and get the cheaper GPU (1660 Super) It's essentially a 1-5 FPS difference but you'll be at 70FPS range with both cards anyway. You'll save about 30-70$ (varying on model and local taxes/sales) and will have the CPU legroom to upgrade video cards later in the future.
ok thank you very much for all this help! I really do appreciate it!

If you need the i7, get the 9700K instead the 8700K.
If you want i5 get the 9600KF, because you will get the GPU.

Also get the higher speed RAM too, like 3000mhz at least.
One more get the M2 SSD instead the SATA SSD.

And if you don't mind AMD, buy the ryzen 5 + air cooler, because the 120AIO is not good enough, like other member said.

In this price range you are far better off going with a Ryzen cpu. That cpu cooler is outperformed by cheaper air coolers, 120 AIO’s are generally not worth it.

The comparable CPU on the AMD side would be the 3700X, but the performance for gaming is neither better nor worse, the winner jumps from game to game. So intel is best for this case since he mostly aims for gta and ARMA, some heavy CPU single core titles.

If he wanted to do other things like streaming, recording, video editing, and other productive work then yeah I'd recommend a 3700X OP. Though these days intel is dropping the prices and the 8700K is actually cheaper now.

As for the AIO, sizzling is right, I missed that, the cooler is rather weak, luckily just in time tom's hardware put out this news article.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/liquid-cpu-cooler-rgb-deal-sale-clc-aio

The comparable CPU on the AMD side would be the 3700X, but the performance for gaming is neither better nor worse, the winner jumps from game to game. So intel is best for this case since he mostly aims for gta and ARMA, some heavy CPU single core titles.

If he wanted to do other things like streaming, recording, video editing, and other productive work then yeah I'd recommend a 3700X OP. Though these days intel is dropping the prices and the 8700K is actually cheaper now.

As for the AIO, sizzling is right, I missed that, the cooler is rather weak, luckily just in time tom's hardware put out this news article.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/liquid-cpu-cooler-rgb-deal-sale-clc-aio
If he goes 8700k fair enough but the 8600k is already having it limited 6 threads pushed hard in a few games and I just don’t see it as a good investment.

If he goes 8700k fair enough but the 8600k is already having it limited 6 threads pushed hard in a few games and I just don’t see it as a good investment.

Fair point.

OP is from Canada, 9700K (8 cores) $465, 8700K (6 cores) $469.

That is just insane. But I'm too tired to fact check that so OP, if this is true go for the 9700K. You can use the money you saved getting a 1660 Super into a better CPU then.

Nov 19, 2019
OP is from Canada, 9700K (8 cores) $465, 8700K (6 cores) $469.
ok so these terms are really confusing me a bit lol. Now this is what I have so far. From what you guys have recommend. if I understood right. What cooler would you recommend. Right now this is going a bit pass my budget. Will these parts all work together?

Edit: cooler help still needed.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019
Ideally I would like my budget to remain at 1.2k. While also keeping the games I’d like to run in mind if possible. If air cooling is safer than liquid I’m willing to go for that.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019