[SOLVED] Building my first PC, need some advice.

starkiller82

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hello,

I'm going to building my first PC, I picked out my parts but i'm concerned about compatibility issues, I know PC part picker is good about doing that automatically but it can't detect things like CPU cooler fitting with ram.

This is my list
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RKJmZR
Note: I already have the power supply in house so I can't change it easily (Past 30 days)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A few modifications could be beneficial...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($68.99 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($57.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox 5 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($68.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $870.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-31 00:51 EST-0500

Solution

starkiller82

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

Thanks for the reply!

I can't switch my power supply as I already have the one in my original list, however I do like the ram change as it's cheaper, though I don't see the point of the rtx card, I don't really care much for ray tracing and would rather have the extra VRAM over it.

starkiller82

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

Oh I see, I was concerned because I thought about upgrading to a 2k monitor sometime in the future, but it seems 6gb of GDDR6 should be fine, at least from the looks of it.

Do you think the power supply I have will be fine? I know it's not the best, but as long as it won't kill anything else in the system, I can live with it.

Sorry for all the questions, but do you also think that the tiny motherboard will be able to handle all this?

Tiny motherboard form factor is mITX. The above board is mATX, which is a bit smaller than ATX. It should be able to handle everything fine.
That PSU is not very good, but should be able to do the job for now. Change it to a better one as soon as you can.

starkiller82

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

Alright, thank you so much!