Question Building my first pc, question about fan hubs and BIOS update

Aug 4, 2022
Hey everyone, I am building my first pc and please dont flame me for the build cost, I went all out for myself after dreaming of having a build with no budget limit really.
lian li O11D XL
z790 hero maximus
asus 4090 strix
msi ai1300p 1300 watt atx 3.0
32 gb gskill ddr5 7600mhz
13900ks
7x asus rog XF120 4 pin pwm fans
asus ryujin 2 360mm AIO
2x 2tb samsung 990 pros

Now the 2 main questions I have are regarding the fanhubs and what I should do with the 7 chassis fans. I don't know the optimal way to set them up, a fan hub came with the ryujin 2 and it has a SATA, usb c and ARGB 3 pin connector however my fans are all non ARGB 4 pins. I imagine I should get a second fan hub or one with all 4 pins if its within safe power limits to daisy chain like that? I want it to all be compatible with ASUS armory and aurasync because although the fans arent RGB I want the mobo and other RGB synced up.
My second question is regarding the BIOS update 0813 for z790 ASUS mobos. I am unsure how to update the bios without installing the CPU as I know it needs it to run. I have not flashed a bios before, but I know ASUS says the BIOS update is needed to support the CPU on my mobo. I guess my question is what should I do? will the UEFI/BIOS still run if I just go ahead and install the CPU and build it normally and it will do a revert back for compatibility to give me the option to update with a internet connection or will it require a USB and flashing bios. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the BIOS update 0813 for z790 ASUS mobo
You might want to leave it as is.
you'll need at least 0703 on your motherboard to be able to work with the processor listed above. Like I said, leave it as is.

If you must flash the BIOS, do so as stated in your motherboard's manual;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO
page 3-4, section 3.4.

Reactions: SpiderDan22
Aug 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the BIOS update 0813 for z790 ASUS mobo
You might want to leave it as is.
you'll need at least 0703 on your motherboard to be able to work with the processor listed above. Like I said, leave it as is.

If you must flash the BIOS, do so as stated in your motherboard's manual;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO/E21512_ROG_MAXIMUS_Z790_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO
page 3-4, section 3.4.
Ok, I may have gotten the BIOS update version incorrect. Is there a way to check which bios version it shipped with?

Aug 4, 2022
There should be a sticker with a barcode on it, has a 4 digit number, to signify which BIOS version it came with;
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044755/#:~:text=The bios version is bottom,shipped with bios version 0403.
It was shipped with 0703, and I did get the BIOS version needed for the KS incorrect, so it will be supported without having to flash or update! Thank you! Should I post my other question in cooling so you can solve the thread? I thought since it was a build question I would put it in System topic.