[SOLVED] Building my first PC

Sep 20, 2019
Hi,
Recently I decided I want to get back into PC gaming. I used to have a pre-built system but I no longer have this and have decided I want to build my own. I have used PC Part Picker to put together a list of components for the system, and they are as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8) DDR4-3200
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD and Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" SSD
GPU: Zotac GTX 1660 TI 6GB
Case: Corsair Spec-Delta RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze

As I have never built a PC before I would like some help. Any suggestions or input on the components would be greatly appreciated.
I have also read that that the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK may need a BIOS update when paired with the 3600, and that this can be done with something called flashback. If you could explain this to me that would be great.
Thank you for any help in advance.

Sep 20, 2019
I'd replace the PSU with a Seasonic Focus 550W and then replace your storage with an Intel 660P - both of those shouldn't alter the cost much and will be way better than what you chose.
Alright. When I replace my storage I get the error message "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. ". I am pretty sure this isn't an issue but I just wanna make sure.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Alright. When I replace my storage I get the error message "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. ". I am pretty sure this isn't an issue but I just wanna make sure.
Just means if you opt for the NVMe drive then two of the SATA ports on your motherboard will be disabled, so any SATA drives you have will have to be plugged into the other SATA ports that aren't disabled.

Reactions: WildCard999