[SOLVED] Building my own computer

julimendez5393

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

I build my own computer 4 month ago and I think I did something bad.

I have all this components:

• Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Dual-fan OC Edition VR Ready Dual HDMI
    Samsung 860 PRO 256GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76P256BW)
    Intel i7-7700k
    Motherboard h110M PRO-VH PLUS

I think i mess up with the motherboard, the graphic card and the i7 should work better with another better motherboard.

what do you think? and which one do you guys recommend me?

Solution
I was thinking about 150/200 USD, that would be fine, right?
Oh! I have already answered you here, but that message is gone now after design updating. Your message is gone too btw, last time it was "150 dollars or around", now your budget is much better! :)
I'll try to reproduce my answer!

There is no problem,
Actually, there is at least one problem - your memory doesn't run at its maximum frequency (3000 MHz), it works at 2133 according to the specification
Unfortunately, there are not many options now, because 7th generation is not relevant in 2019. Nevertheless I think the market has good motherboards, which you could buy to replace your current motherboard. I think ASRock Z270 Taichi is the best option...

rustech

Proper
Apr 28, 2018
You definitely shouldn’t have bought such a motherboard for 7700k, that’s true, because it consumes a lot of energy, especially when it’s overclocked. So, in your case it would be more reliable to purchase a z270 motherboard if you are going to overclock or b250 if you are not going to. Specific models depends on your budget and availability in shops, so tell me how much money you are ready to spend and which shop you will use.

julimendez5393

Honorable
May 28, 2018

I don't want to spend a lot of money here, but I mid term motherboard would be fine

bignastyid

Titan
Replacing the motherboard is not going to really increase performance on it's own. If you get a Z270 bord for instance it will have more features that your H110 and will allow you to OC the 7700k{if your CPU cooler is capable of handling the extra thermal load), it will also allow you to run the ram at it's rated speed, but with an Intel chip this will show little to no performance gain with the cpu at stock settings.

rustech

Proper
Apr 28, 2018
I was thinking about 150/200 USD, that would be fine, right?
Oh! I have already answered you here, but that message is gone now after design updating. Your message is gone too btw, last time it was "150 dollars or around", now your budget is much better! :)

There is no problem,
Actually, there is at least one problem - your memory doesn't run at its maximum frequency (3000 MHz), it works at 2133 according to the specification
Unfortunately, there are not many options now, because 7th generation is not relevant in 2019. Nevertheless I think the market has good motherboards, which you could buy to replace your current motherboard. I think ASRock Z270 Taichi is the best option among those that I can see available now.

Solution

julimendez5393

Honorable
May 28, 2018

I was thinking 'why would someone deleted my comment?' AHAH.

I think its a good option too. thank you bro!

I have another question for you if you can, what about a cooler?

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
I think I answered you some days ago, or maybe someone with the same question. But screw this new forum design, anyway, for around 150 USD you can get
MSI Arsenal Z270 Gaming Plus if you want to stick to the lower end of your budget. 200 USD you obviously have a lot of options.

julimendez5393

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Sure. Tell me this information, please:
  1. What cooler do you have now?
  2. What budget is it for a new one?
  3. Are you going to overclock your CPU?
  4. What case (exact model) do you have?

1. I bought an upgrade combo and the fan is not really good, also I couldn't find it at amazon
  2. I was thinking about 40/50usd?
  3. Yes, probably, more if i change my motherboard
  4. I have an old case, but i will be buying this: Corsair Carbide Series 100R

rustech

Proper
Apr 28, 2018
  1. I bought an upgrade combo and the fan is not really good, also I couldn't find it at amazon
  2. I was thinking about 40/50usd?
  3. Yes, probably, more if i change my motherboard
  4. I have an old case, but i will be buying this: Corsair Carbide Series 100R
Unfortunately Corsair Carbide 100R allows you to put cpu coolers with height of no more than 150mm, so we don't have that wide range of effective coolers as we could have (162 mm in this example).
I made a research and it seems like Noctua NH-U9S and be quiet! Shadow Rock TF 2 are good choice among not large coolers for base frequency and overclocking. They are both a little more expensive than your budget - $57 and $51 respectively.

julimendez5393

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Well, thats good for me, i guess i can spend a little bit more on this

Sorry for the late response, no email were sent to my as a notification.

Thank you very much for your help and dedication.