Intel Core i5 9400F
8GB DDR4 ram
2 tb hdd
500 gb ssd
ASUS TUF H310M-PLUS GAMING motherboard
450 watt PSU
Optical drive
Question 1: Are all the parts compitable
Question 2: What kinds of fans should I get?
Question 3: Are there any parts which are better for about the same price
Question 4: Has my PSU enough wattage for this PC?

Hi there,

So, IMO, your build is a little imbalanced.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, they will work together (with some caveats - ill explain those)
  2. Most cases come with some fans installed already. Typically two at front (intake) and two at rear (exhaust) so look out for one of those.
  3. Parts wise: this is the issue. Although the 450w PSU is the recommended PSU, you haven't said which one. This is massively important. I'd recommend a 550w to give some headroom and for upgrading parts down the line. Also memory. You should go for a 2 x matched kit. Preferably 2 x 8gb kit. Depending on what games you play having only 8gb will cause you some game stuttering. If it's only 1 x 8gb stick you lose out on dual channel performance boost of about 10-15%. Get a matched kit for dual channel. It will serve you well.
  4. IMO, just by the skin of your teeth :)

Niels321

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
Hi there,

So, IMO, your build is a little imbalanced.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, they will work together (with some caveats - ill explain those)
  2. Most cases come with some fans installed already. Typically two at front (intake) and two at rear (exhaust) so look out for one of those.
  3. Parts wise: this is the issue. Although the 450w PSU is the recommended PSU, you haven't said which one. This is massively important. I'd recommend a 550w to give some headroom and for upgrading parts down the line. Also memory. You should go for a 2 x matched kit. Preferably 2 x 8gb kit. Depending on what games you play having only 8gb will cause you some game stuttering. If it's only 1 x 8gb stick you lose out on dual channel performance boost of about 10-15%. Get a matched kit for dual channel. It will serve you well.
  4. IMO, just by the skin of your teeth :)

Thanks for your replies, I forgot to mention that I will install 2 sticks of 8gb ram. As keith said, I will buy a: Cooler Master MWE Bronze 550 PSU Is this a good one, or do you recommend another one? I have an case of an old pc which we don't use any more but it doesn't have any fans installed and it has only one mounting hole so is this good enough or do I need to buy another case? As a response to vapour: I will use it to play games like pubg and ark. And I will be getting a 1080p monitor but not sure wich one yet.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS