[SOLVED] Building new computer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
I'm a first time builder, and I need to know if these parts will work together, thank you! https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mWjXXP

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | £188.99 @ Amazon UK...

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Whether it is worth it or not depends on what you currently have. If you have something that performs around this range, then its definitely not worth it. Otherwise it is.
Typically, a 500gb NVME drive is meant to be used as a hot drive where you make a 100gb-150gb partition for your OS and the rest for your frequently used data. That usually lasts for a couple of months at which juncture you buy a bigger drive(HDD/SSD) when you have more money and replenish your storage.
also will it bottleneck

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Whether it is worth it or not depends on what you currently have. If you have something that performs around this range, then its definitely not worth it. Otherwise it is.
Typically, a 500gb NVME drive is meant to be used as a hot drive where you make a 100gb-150gb partition for your OS and the rest for your frequently used data. That usually lasts for a couple of months at which juncture you buy a bigger drive(HDD/SSD) when you have more money and replenish your storage.
will it bottleneck? rx 5700 seems to be pretty good, also is rx 5700x worth it, and should I buy them from links provided on pcpartpicker? thanks

Sandywich999

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
I currently have a barracuda st1000dm010 1tb HDD do you know if it will bottleneck? Also please recommend which fans I should buy
HDDs don't "bottleneck" in the sense that you'll get worse FPS. They just lengthen the loading time of games. After it's loaded, you'll see no difference whatsoever. Also it's fine to use 3Gbps (300MBps) SATA ports since almost all HDD top out at around 200MBps anyway

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
No there is no bottleneck in the build. If you can spend more, the 5700x is a better card and definitely worth it.
sorry i kept replying.. I didnt see there was 2 pages, I have 2 last questions, 1 what fans should I buy and do I have to buy liquid cooling? 2 should I just click the green buy button on pc part picker page? Thanks for help! :)

sorry i kept replying.. I didnt see there was 2 pages, I have 2 last questions, 1 what fans should I buy and do I have to buy liquid cooling? 2 should I just click the green buy button on pc part picker page? Thanks for help! :)
Fans will depend on the case that you buy. Since your original build didnt have a case, everybody here including me presumes that you already have one. Unless you intend to gain high overclocks, the stock cooler is sufficient for stick operation or mild overclocks.
The buy link will take you to corresponding vendor pages where you can complete the purchase.

Reactions: harley27

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Fans will depend on the case that you buy. Since your original build didnt have a case, everybody here including me presumes that you already have one. Unless you intend to gain high overclocks, the stock cooler is sufficient for stick operation or mild overclocks.
The buy link will take you to corresponding vendor pages where you can complete the purchase.
ok perfect thanks! I'll close thread now, thanks for your help you've been amazing :)