Building new pc and Windows wont boot up

gabe1844

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
So yesterday I built a PC and I had a USB stick with the windows media installer on the computer. I went into the BIOS and made the USB the first to boot. Nothing happens when it boots up, it just runs the flash drive without anything happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Solution
what does the pc say at power on and post?? does it read the floppy and then go :no boot device found??" with the windows usb stick make sure your using a usb 2.0 black port. also make sure the usb stick is 8g stick in size the widows iso is larger then can fit on a 4g stick. windows usb if it working will have a short message hit any key to boot from cd rom. hit any key to boot from the usb stick. in the bios you may have to turn of csm and make sure legicy devices and ligicy bios is on.
what does the pc say at power on and post?? does it read the floppy and then go :no boot device found??" with the windows usb stick make sure your using a usb 2.0 black port. also make sure the usb stick is 8g stick in size the widows iso is larger then can fit on a 4g stick. windows usb if it working will have a short message hit any key to boot from cd rom. hit any key to boot from the usb stick. in the bios you may have to turn of csm and make sure legicy devices and ligicy bios is on.

Solution