[SOLVED] Building new PC for 1440p gaming, need opinion

ujian01

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
Hi everyone,
After a long time (around 8 years) I decided to build new PC and need your opinion about the build.
Btw, I'm just a normal gamer and I don't really run my game on ultra quality (only if it's possible)
The store that I'm going to get my PC built : https://www.msy.com.au/

MOBOMSI B450M MORTAR MAX
CPURyzen 7 3700X
GPU8GB RTX 3060 TI Gigabyte GAMING OC
RAM16GB Kit (8Gx2) 3600 CORSAIR Vengeace LPX
SSD1WD Black SN750 500GB
SSD2WD Blue 3D 1TB
CASECorsair Carbide Mid Tower 275R Black Windowed
CPU FANstock cooler
PSUCorsair RM750
Wifi AdapterTP-LInk AC1200 WIFI card (Archer T4E)

1. At first I was going to get Gigabyte Windforce 8GB RTX 2070 Super, but the store sold out of it and I decided to upgrade it to 3060 TI since it only AU$50 difference. Is it a good deal?
  2. Regarding about the PC case, I'm still unsure about getting it . Reading from the reviews, most of them are not happy with the thermal performance. But since I don't overclock, should I worry about it? Is there any PC case you guys would recommend me from the store?
  3. As i say above, I don't overclock, so is it alright if I get the stock cooler for my CPU?
  4. The part above cost me about AU$2.200 (which is around my budget that I'm going to spend) If possible I would like to avoid spending more but I don't mind if I have to if it's worthed (maybe $200 more)
Please feel free to recommend or let me know about your opinion regarding the build (especially if there's a problem with the build)

Thank you very much for your time and I really appreciate your help with it.

Last edited:
Solution
For 1440p the 3060Ti is a better choice, it’s similar to a 2080 Super. Good case airflow is still important even if you don’t overclock but I am not sure about that specific case. The stock cooler is fine but is a little noisy under load, no harm in trying it. Hold that budget encase you want to buy a quieter cooler.
For 1440p the 3060Ti is a better choice, it’s similar to a 2080 Super. Good case airflow is still important even if you don’t overclock but I am not sure about that specific case. The stock cooler is fine but is a little noisy under load, no harm in trying it. Hold that budget encase you want to buy a quieter cooler.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS