Question Building new PC for 3D Work/Gaming - need advice!

Mar 26, 2019
Hello,

I have been thinking about getting a new PC since my current PC is almost 10 years old and very obsolete.
Currently I'm still saving up money for it, but my estimated budget is 1300$ max. I need PC and new monitor.

I want to be able to work in 3D Graphics software like Blender, Zbrush or Substance Painter and also to play some games from time to time.
My requirements for the monitor are just 1080p resolution and 144Hz. Also FreeSync would be nice.

I'll be able to start building at the end of September.

I've already picked some parts, which I will list below, however I would appreciate some advice about the whole build etc.

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH V2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600/3600x
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT 8G
RAM: 2x8GB KIT Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200MHz CL18 Fury Black Series (planning to buy more in near future)
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
SDD: WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 500GB M.2
PS: Corsair VS650 White Certified

What would you change? What monitor would you recommend? What about cooling, airflow and case selection?

Thank you for every response.

Lutfij

Titan
That PSU is something I'd change to a more reliable unit. I'd opt for a X570 board as opposed to that motherboard, devoid of proper VRM heatsink assembly. At the very least, you should look at a B450 chipset board with a heatsink around the CPU power delivery area.

Are you also certain you want to go for matx? I think you're choosing an matx board due to your budget.

What's your location and your preferred site for purchase?