Question Building New PC! Need Help With Builds!

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
So i am looking to spedn roughly £2000gbp on a brand new PC Build.

I'm not sure on whether i should go with the I9 9900k or the new Ryzen 9? Would really love some help! Have looked at benchmarks, and the Ryzen is only a little bit better. Or should i just save some money and go for the Ryzen 7?? Is the Ryzen 9 worth the extra money or is there no point?

I've always been an Intel person, so if the difference is like nothing, i'd probs rather go Intel haha.

I'm going to be waiting for the new 2080 Super series, so take £700 of the PC build please!

If you'll be planning to game at 1080p, go with the 9900k, if you're planning on 4k or so, any cpu will be fine as then it'll be limited to the gpu. If you plan on doing anything regarding exporting video files, rendering, or other productivity tasks, the amd 3900x is the way to go. So it really depends on what you plan on doing.

I'll go ahead and link some lists as a general look
Intel
Amd1
Amd 2

If this rig is for gaming, there is no need to go for a Ryzen 9. Games dont scale to cores and you will be wasting money. Actually, I would not even go with the 3800, I recommend the Ryzen 3600 and use the money you save on a good monitor. If you are going to game at 1440p or higher, then there will be zero difference between any of those CPUs as the bottleneck will be on the GPU.

I would not even consider Intel at this point until the 10nm comes out.

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
If you'll be planning to game at 1080p, go with the 9900k, if you're planning on 4k or so, any cpu will be fine as then it'll be limited to the gpu. If you plan on doing anything regarding exporting video files, rendering, or other productivity tasks, the amd 3900x is the way to go. So it really depends on what you plan on doing.

I'll go ahead and link some lists as a general look
Intel
Amd1
Amd 2
If this rig is for gaming, there is no need to go for a Ryzen 9. Games dont scale to cores and you will be wasting money. Actually, I would not even go with the 3800, I recommend the Ryzen 3600 and use the money you save on a good monitor. If you are going to game at 1440p or higher, then there will be zero difference between any of those CPUs as the bottleneck will be on the GPU.

I would not even consider Intel at this point until the 10nm comes out.

I'm looking to use my PC for gaming & streaming. I've already got 2 great monitors don't need to upgrade them, all i need is purely a new build. I'll be wanting to play at 1440p @ 144hz.

Well would you say it's worth getting the Ryzen 9 or waiting for the Intel 10nm??

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
Well it depends. You could actually go with a Ryzen 7 3700x/3800x. Both of these will perform well. If you can save money by choosing one of the Ryzen 7 3000s, then the RTX 2080 Ti would be a good choice.

Would you say it's worth getting the Ryzen 9 tho for the extra money? I'm looking to build for long term and not upgrade for another 4/5 years, like i've done with my current build. It's still going strong, just want a change tho.

I'm looking to use my PC for gaming & streaming. I've already got 2 great monitors don't need to upgrade them, all i need is purely a new build. I'll be wanting to play at 1440p @ 144hz.

Well would you say it's worth getting the Ryzen 9 or waiting for the Intel 10nm??

If you want to stream and you have the money, then go for the Ryzen 9. It is a great CPU if you can use the cores and it looks like you can. As for Intel, it just depends on how long you want to wait. These Ryzen CPUs are very good, so I would probably not wait.

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
If you want to stream and you have the money, then go for the Ryzen 9. It is a great CPU if you can use the cores and it looks like you can. As for Intel, it just depends on how long you want to wait. These Ryzen CPUs are very good, so I would probably not wait.

I'm looking to buy the PC at the end of the month. But yeah, looking to use it mainly for gaming then streaming,

This is the current build i'm thinking, so let me know what you think https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/G7V2pG

The 2080 will be the super version once released, working with a budget of £2.1k really max £2.2k. Any changes you'd make, lmk! Ik the main thing people are gonna say is about a M.2 ssd, just can't afford one with the build atm. Also have a 970 Samsung M.2 250gb atm.

TRENDING THREADS