Question Building new pc using old parts (blue screen)

TitanCandy

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
Hi guys and gals,
I am building a new (used) pc for my niece using some of my old components from my pc, all parts worked before they went into storage and have been appropriately packaged, I have now built a rig containing;

cheap case (deepcool something rgb)
Mobo : msi gaming z97(my old one)
Cpu: intel i5 4670k(was paired with above in previous rig plus following below until the ssd)
Ram: Corsair vengeance 4x4gb 2166ghz
Psu: Corsair 600w semi modular
Aio: h100i corsair
Gpu: ASUS GTX 760
Storage: 1TB cruscial (fresh out the box)
OS: windows 10 home(fresh key and fresh Microsoft account)

firstly I setup the build and double checked cables, everything is connected (24 pin, 6pin cpu, 8 pin gpu, Sata power and sata data, front panel, usb3.0, usb2.0 and hd audio, fans and cpu fan), plugged everything in firstly no picture out from connecting hdmi into the gpu so I then plugged the hdmi into the motherboard and used inter grated graphics and I get a post, put in usb boot and proceed to install windows(picks up ssd and I chose to make a system file) I enter my key which works, then I get to the enter my Microsoft account info, press proceed and then I get a blue screen with “page in non paged area” and then I get stuck in a cycle of it doing the same steps as before and blue screening at the same location every time, any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a Christmas present and would take any help at this point in time.

Every single component that has gone into this build is the same as my previous own personal pc, I did upgrade the gpu to a gtx1070 from the gtx 760 in 2018 before upgrading everything else in my pc in 2020. The only new aspects are the ssd and the case. Everything worked perfectly fine, what I am thinking is maybe because of the downgrade in gpu something is not liking something, or if maybe one of my ram sticks has gone bad since going into storage. Please help :)

Last edited:

TitanCandy

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
I removed 2 of the sticks of ram and left only two sticks in the priority slots and got stuck in a boot loop and it wouldn’t post at all, I have now put all 4 sticks back in and I get a post again, but still get blue screen at the Microsoft login screen.

TitanCandy

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
Yes I can do, and will do and post back, do you think a psu could provide a blue screen? With the error code ‘page in non paged area’

Last edited: