[SOLVED] Building New PC

bncjoker

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
I have recently purchased a new PC. I have verified that the power supply works (using the on-board button). The motherboard is not powering on. I have verified connections (unplugging and plugging back in), I have verified that the CPU is sitting correctly (unseated and replaced).

The only feedback I get is a blinking red light in the very top left corner of the motherboard when the ATX CPU 8-pin connnector is disconnected (which I assume is just telling me that the CPU has no power.

The motherboard does have a trouble sheet LED's but none are lit up. I also do not get the RGB Lights on the motherboard.

I have the following parts:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
PSU: CORSAIR AXi Series, AX 1200i
RAM: 2x Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4 3200
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 Pro 2TB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ Rx 5700 Xt
CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R

The one of the only things I can think of is that the everything is working correctly, but I do not have the case buttons wired correctly.

Let me know if there is any more additional information needed.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
From the looks of your thread, you have the entire system plugged wired up inside your case. It's good practice to wire up the system atop your motherboard box and using a screw driver, short the +ve and -ve pins on the board's front panel connector to see if the system powers up.

That being said, you should breadboard the system and work with only one stick of ram on the slot stated by the motherboard manual, slots B2 or A2. Power to the 4pin and 8pin EPS's at the top left of the board?

Lutfij

Titan
From the looks of your thread, you have the entire system plugged wired up inside your case. It's good practice to wire up the system atop your motherboard box and using a screw driver, short the +ve and -ve pins on the board's front panel connector to see if the system powers up.

That being said, you should breadboard the system and work with only one stick of ram on the slot stated by the motherboard manual, slots B2 or A2. Power to the 4pin and 8pin EPS's at the top left of the board?

Solution