[SOLVED] Building new PC

Rottenwing

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Hello, I need to build a new PC because my old one has died. I was told that the combination of a AMD FX 9370 and an MSI 970 Gaming mobo that I had before was not a good combination and that it's what caused my first PC to die. Before I go settling on parts I wanted to make sure what I pick won't have the same results.

What I'm looking to get:

Ryzen 5 3500x
MSI B450 gaming plus max
4x Patriot Viper Steel 3200 4GB

And parts I have from my old system that still work:

Corsair CX 750 PSU
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 super
Cooler master masterliquid lite 120 aio cooler
Seagate 2 tb HDD

Solution
Hello, I need to build a new PC because my old one has died. I was told that the combination of a AMD FX 9370 and an MSI 970 Gaming mobo that I had before was not a good combination and that it's what caused my first PC to die. Before I go settling on parts I wanted to make sure what I pick won't have the same results.

What I'm looking to get:

Ryzen 5 3500x
MSI B450 gaming plus max

Corsair CX 750 PSU
Seagate 2 tb HDD
You will be better off with a matched set of two 8GB RAM.
You probably won't have the correct mounting hardware for your liquid cooler and the AM4 socket.

kanewolf

Titan

What I'm looking to get:

Ryzen 5 3500x
MSI B450 gaming plus max

Corsair CX 750 PSU
Seagate 2 tb HDD
You will be better off with a matched set of two 8GB RAM.
You probably won't have the correct mounting hardware for your liquid cooler and the AM4 socket.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution