[SOLVED] Building new system, boot ez debug and no display

Aug 4, 2021
I am building my first gaming pc, and definitely need some help. Here is my system:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 ghz 6 core processor
msi x570a pro atx am4
corsair vengeance lpx 16 gb 2x8 gb ddr43200 cl 16 memory
seagate barracuda compute 2 tb 3.5 " 7200rpm internal hard drive
pny xlr8 cs3030 1 tb m.2-2280 nvme solid state drive
msi radeon rx 6800 16 gb video card
corsair rmx (2018) 850- w 80+ gold certified fully modular atx power supply
phanteks enthoo pro tempered glass atx full tower case.

I assembled the whole unit and I ran into the ez debug light for the cpu. I couldn't figure it out so I took it to a PC Repair place near me. He said I had bent pins on my CPU, but he could bend them back. He said that fixed the issue, which it did!! Then I ran into another issue, I didn't originally have a hdd because I wanted the SSD to run my operating system, but the guy said I need a hdd to fix the boot ez debug issue, since my ssd wouldn't take an operating system. I bought one today and plugged it in. Then I plugged in the windows 10 digital tool usb, but nothing posted. I still have the ez debug light for booting. I have taken the battery out for the mother board to reset the CMOS but that did nothing. I cant access bios either, since nothing has posted yet.

Any suggestions?

I don't believe it is a capability issue, since i used pc part picker to find all the parts. But I could be wrong.

Solution
So you can't reach the BIOS, even with all drives and windows USB disconnected? Boot debug light shouldn't mean you can't access the BIOS, it means the motherboard can't detect any bootable devices.

How did you set up the Windows USB?

SethJPC

Distinguished
So you can't reach the BIOS, even with all drives and windows USB disconnected? Boot debug light shouldn't mean you can't access the BIOS, it means the motherboard can't detect any bootable devices.

How did you set up the Windows USB?

Solution
Aug 4, 2021
Correct, nothing will post at all. I went off microsoft's website and downloaded it directly to the usb. Then i just plugged in the usb into the new system.

TRENDING THREADS