Build Advice building new system, few detailed questions

Mar 19, 2019
HI,
got few questions regarding building a new system

1. I consider following lower end motherboards for Ryzen 5 2600
I would prefer Gigabyte one, because VRM seems best, but memories I can buy are not on QVL list ot that motherboard (while MSI and Asus got them)
- G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB 3000MHz CL16 (F4-3000C16D-16GISB) or Corsair Vengeance LPX, 2x8GB, 3000MHz, CL16 (CMK16GX4M2D3000C16)

Is UserBenchmark reliable regarding this components ? Because it states people are using Aegis ram with Gigabyte motherboard
https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Gigabyte-GA-B450M-S2H/106674

2. Can 4 ram modules even work at 3000MHz or 3200MHz with Ryzen 5 and B450 ?

3. Could use any tips, so this are other components I consider
  • PSU FSP/Fortron HEXA 85+ 450W (PPA450A300)
  • SSD Plextor MV8 256GB SATA3 (PX-256M8VC)
  • HDD Toshiba P300 1TB (HDWD110UZSVA)
  • CPU cooler SilentiumPC Fera 3 HE1224 v2
  • GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 570 NITRO+ 4GB - for good cooling system, will under-volt it
  • case SilentiumPC Regnum RG1 Pure Black (SPC143) - for dual chamber - with 2 additional fans on front
Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

g-unit1111

Titan
1. Don't take the QVL literally - it's meant to be a guideline that tests what RAM speeds and capacities are compatible with each board. You don't have to buy that specific RAM module in order to get the full functionality. I'd personally go for the Asus out of those but that is my personal preference.

2. Yes, I run mine with full DOCP enabled on Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000. 3200 should be fine. The second generation Ryzen doesn't have the memory problems that the 1st gen did.

3. I would lose the case, PSU and the CPU cooler. There's definitely better PSUs you can get, and that CPU cooler and case are junk. There's definitely better that you can get for your budget.

Mar 19, 2019
1. Don't take the QVL literally - it's meant to be a guideline that tests what RAM speeds and capacities are compatible with each board. You don't have to buy that specific RAM module in order to get the full functionality. I'd personally go for the Asus out of those but that is my personal preference.

2. Yes, I run mine with full DOCP enabled on Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000. 3200 should be fine. The second generation Ryzen doesn't have the memory problems that the 1st gen did.

3. I would lose the case, PSU and the CPU cooler. There's definitely better PSUs you can get, and that CPU cooler and case are junk. There's definitely better that you can get for your budget.

can you recommend replacement case, psu and cooler ? or at least explain what qualities I should look for, garbo means nothing to me
Is double chamber case relevant or marketing ?
is lack of heat sink on VRM of that asus motherboard not a big deal ?

Last edited:
personally I would spend a bit more on your mobo.

I got the 2600 recently when I built a whole new rig and I went with the MSI Tomahawk b450 mobo.

Its amazing. However the RGB headers are JRGB and not ARGB, but if ARGB isnt really something you want or dont mind buying a couple adapters, this is a great board for the price.

Also comes with free 1-2 day shipping with prime. which you can make a new Amazon account and just sign up for the 30 day trial to get prime free.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Crossfir...=msi+tomahawk&qid=1558327085&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Mar 19, 2019

it this cpu cooler better ?
- CPU Arctic Freezer 33 (ACFRE00028A)

Mar 19, 2019
personally I would spend a bit more on your mobo.

I got the 2600 recently when I built a whole new rig and I went with the MSI Tomahawk b450 mobo.

Its amazing. However the RGB headers are JRGB and not ARGB, but if ARGB isnt really something you want or dont mind buying a couple adapters, this is a great board for the price.

Also comes with free 1-2 day shipping with prime. which you can make a new Amazon account and just sign up for the 30 day trial to get prime free.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Crossfir...=msi+tomahawk&qid=1558327085&s=gateway&sr=8-1

after much research I go with MSI motherboard, best quality components
also psu FSP/Fortron HEXA 85+ has best quality components for that price, don't need nice looking cables