[SOLVED] Building new system today, any advice?

gplayersv

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hello! So today is black friday here (Romania) and I've been waiting for it to build a new system. I've assembled the following system: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gplayersv/saved/#view=4skp8d
It costs 4280 RON ($989). For storage I will pick an ssd, it's not of importance right now. Also the case fans will be picked up later. My main concern is with the CPU, will it hold for a while/will it bottleneck the CPU? I'm thinking I will change it a few years down the road if needed. Is the motherboard good? It has what I need from it in regards to ports. Any advice is appreciated.

Solution
If you can get a Ryzen 3600 that would be a MUCH better option, along with one of the MSI B450 boards that has BIOS flashback like the Tomahawk, Pro Carbon, etc.

The 2700x is ok, but it is MUCH slower than the newer Ryzen CPUs that have as good or better single core performance as the latest 9th Gen Intel processors PLUS more cores and threads at any given price point.

If the Ryzen 3000 series models aren't available to you, or are too expensive, then you could do worse than that 2700x but I'd opt for a better board. That board will probably struggle with the 2700x.
If you can get a Ryzen 3600 that would be a MUCH better option, along with one of the MSI B450 boards that has BIOS flashback like the Tomahawk, Pro Carbon, etc.

The 2700x is ok, but it is MUCH slower than the newer Ryzen CPUs that have as good or better single core performance as the latest 9th Gen Intel processors PLUS more cores and threads at any given price point.

If the Ryzen 3000 series models aren't available to you, or are too expensive, then you could do worse than that 2700x but I'd opt for a better board. That board will probably struggle with the 2700x.

Reactions: gplayersv
Solution
Here is the list:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (1,035RON @ PC Garage)
Motherboard:
MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (425RON @ PC Garage)
Memory:
Patriot Viper 4 Series 16GB(2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (345RON @ PC Garage)
Storage: SAMSUNG 970 Evo PLUS 500GB (495RON @ PC Garage)
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition 8GB DDR6 (1,700RON @ PC Garage)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750X 2018 (480RON @ PC Garage)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark Tempered (390RON @ PC Garage)

TOTAL: 4,870RON

High quality build.
Best performance for budget.
Fit to budget.

If you can save a few bucks by going with the R5 3600 instead of the 3600x, I'd do it. The 3600x really doesn't offer enough over the 3600 to make the difference in price worth it, but yes, that is much better and you'll be a lot happier in the long run, with either of them.

If you can save a few bucks by going with the R5 3600 instead of the 3600x, I'd do it. The 3600x really doesn't offer enough over the 3600 to make the difference in price worth it, but yes, that is much better and you'll be a lot happier in the long run, with either of them.
R5 3600 is just 28RON(6USD) cheaper and is not even paired with a gaming bundle. In any case that small cut-off on price is not worth it as 3600X packs better stock cooler and as Black Friday offer is in combo of some game bundle.

In this specific case I think R5 3600X is a better deal. Otherwise I agree with you on saving few bucks by going with R5 3600.