Building PC, acustic solution/material ?

Randomguy1992

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Hello everybody,

I am going to build a PC and i want it on my table, but because my table is small, i will put it next to the table on shelf on wall, i hope you understand that sentence. But i don't know what material should i use on shelf, to make it not vibrate or make nois. Wood ? Wood + acustic foam on top of that?

Thanks for any answers :)

Solution
A tower or mid-tower case is going to look pretty silly on a shelf in my opinion, but if you go ahead with that make sure the shelf is well-anchored to the wall to support the weight - - a fully-populated PC isn't exactly lightweight.

I prefer it placed on a short shelving board under my desk, optical drive at the top is easy to reach, noise is muffled under there so it's less audible, and as it's already at floor-level I can easily manoeuvre it to remove the side-panel for repairs, upgrades & cleaning. I certainly wouldn't want to lift it down from a shelf in order to do those things!
A tower or mid-tower case is going to look pretty silly on a shelf in my opinion, but if you go ahead with that make sure the shelf is well-anchored to the wall to support the weight - - a fully-populated PC isn't exactly lightweight.

I prefer it placed on a short shelving board under my desk, optical drive at the top is easy to reach, noise is muffled under there so it's less audible, and as it's already at floor-level I can easily manoeuvre it to remove the side-panel for repairs, upgrades & cleaning. I certainly wouldn't want to lift it down from a shelf in order to do those things!

Solution