Question Building PC - asking for compatibility check

Jan 3, 2019
Hello

Can I ask if my build is compatible and if it needs something else to add?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti ARMOR 8G
Mobo: MSI X470 GAMING PRO
CPU Cooler: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H110i
RAM: G.SKILL 16 GB KIT DDR4 3000 MHz CL16 Gaming series Aegis
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB
Power: EVGA 650 GQ Power Supply
Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Tempered Glass

mtracy1991

Reputable
First, If you can wait until the end of next week to order your processor because AMD is releasing their 3000 series at that time and according to pricing, the 2700x will drop and you'd be getting a better processor for that same cost.

Everything looks compatible, I checked with pcpartspicker.com

What is your budget for a new gaming PC?
Also, do you have an OS ready/ do you need an optical drive?

There are a ton of cases that exist as well. Do you want one with fans that come with?

Jan 3, 2019

My concern is that my PC room is not that cool and it will overheat... And I really do not have and idea on power, maybe Corsair RM750x?

Jan 3, 2019

I have Windows ready and I really do not use cd/dvd drive on PC that I have right now. My budget is up to 1500 Euro(Maybe little more).

So how much more will I have to wait for better prices?

About case. I have no idea what is important on case so I just put that there.

mtracy1991

Reputable

So the Consumer Electronics Show, starts 1-8 and ends on 1-11. Rumor has it these will be ready for sale once announced.

Hold off on the Corsair H110i and run some temperature tests without liquid cooling. With liquid cooling, a lot of people only see between 5-10 degree differences. Although you're not in a cool environment, I'd only go with liquid cooling after you ran some tests with temperature.

Here are the processors being released during CES, if rumors are CORRECT. The 3700x should be the same price as the 2700x, 329.99 at release. There is also the 3850X model that is coming out in May 2019, which will be $500. I will be purchasing this one.

Also, According to a Forbes article I located, "The Ryzen 7 series now starts at 12 cores, with the Ryzen 7 3700X also sporting that massive 5GHz boost frequency which should mean it can out-do Intel's Core i9-9900K in most benchmarks, although there's no word on price yet for any of the CPUs. Even if these specifications vary a little between now an launch, this is huge news for AMD as it points to at least two of Zen 2's expectations being fulfilled - higher frequencies and increased core counts. With a decent bump in IPC too, it looks like AMD could have a very good 2019.
"

ryzen-3000-1.jpg

With your situation and concern about you being in a warm/hot room, I'd suggest getting a case with fans.
This case comes with 4 fans and allows you to add additional fans.

Rosewill Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Supports up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, Comes With Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED 230mm Fan, 1 x Top 230mm Fan, 1 x Side 230mm Fan, 1 x Rear 140mm Fan - THOR V2
Link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811147053

There are also other Rosewill brands you can view on Newegg.

I am awaiting a Rosewill tower to finish production. It comes with 7 fans installed, so I am playing the waiting game for this. I also came across a third party cooler for the GPU that you can purchase on the vendors site. However, its currently out of stock. This will help reduce GPU temps when gaming. You can also liquid cool your GPU.

that psu is really good.

Dec 14, 2018
I agree with mtracy1991 except that I wouldn't get the 5ghz right when it comes out. Wait till other people's motherboards have a seizure and they fix it. I would go with your build and no water cooler like mtracy siad unless you like overclocking stuff. Oh also invite me over.

mtracy1991

Reputable

That's if he wants to OC it. I stay away from that, don't want to deal with my mobo seizing and then I have to check myself into a mental hospital.

Dec 14, 2018

LOL