[SOLVED] Building PC - Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra i9 Issue, Help.

Aug 8, 2019
Hello lovely people, i bought parts to build my first PC but i'm failing alot after a day of figuring out things, reading, searching etc.. i'm lost and want to try your help.
I bought:

Motherboard: z390 Aorus Ultra
Processor: i9-9900K
Ram: HyperX 64GB (4x16) KIT 2666MHz DDR4 CL13 Kit
Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+
Ssd: Samsung 860 EVO
Processor Cooler: Be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4

After all was connected and turned on, i was able to get into the BIOS, where first thing that made me wonder was the CPU heat shown as 89-90° (Thermal Paste was Applied). When trying get close to CPU i didn't noticed any heat close to that number on myself. Not sure if that's the bios bug or what to think.. even after many restarts, these numbers stays the same, or they change from 89-90.
Kn23cow.jpg

Another issue is with installing Windows 10 from usb. If i choose the bootable device USB with windows 10 on it, the system looks like it will begin the installation, but after couple of dot loads, the system shuts down completely until i push the power button to run the pc again without any continuous progress of the windows installation.. I can only try again and the same issue will repeat. Sometimes before the fast shutdown that follows, i'll see for super short time blue screen with message: windows 10 start your pc ran into problem...

VnYqfEN.jpg

70kXGmr.jpg

Hmm those temperatures are way too high for just being in the BIOS, assuming they are correct. The shutdown could be because the cpu overheats.

What cpu cooler do you have? Are you sure it is installed correctly and working? If it’s an AIO is the pump working?

Aug 8, 2019
alexoiu: Thanks, will try to update the bios and give feedback.
Sizzling: It's highly possible if the temperatures are true, the cpu cooler is Be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4 Air Cooling.

Btw, when installed the Dark Rock Pro 4, it's not 100% solid in terms of touching the cpu and holding its place without any movement, it moves a little bit 0,3-0,05cm to left, right. similarly as shown in this videos by someone else.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqSs_JgH64Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi-5W_JxbbU

Aug 8, 2019
Hmmmmmm, will try to reinstall it. I did explored it yesterday, but the screws were at their limit.. will check it more, let you know later. Thanks for your replies!

Aug 8, 2019
Alriiiight, i deconstructed and constructed it back with sucess of holding strong without any movement, honestly i dont know what i did wrong before.. the cpu in bios shows 47 degrees now and when boot test windows installation loaded immeadiately, so success! Thanks alot guys, btw the temps now are ok? 47-48 atm in bios.

Edit: well.. the windows installation freezes shortly after doooh :/ from one issue to another.. will try to update the bios and see.

Edit: updated, freezing again :(((( atleast the cooler is solid x__x

Edit: hmm, i was able to install it after reading someones fix of unpluging mouse from usb wtf...

Final Edit: looks like i did it! yay, so happy atm!! Guys, thanks so much!
Just realized, i also tried the uefi boot for the Windows when it worked along side the mouse unplug, in case someone finds this in the future.

ofkJGcl.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019
How did you get a Dark Rock Pro 4 past those vrm heatsinks to get the cooler to make good contact with the CPU? I have that same board and my H7 Plus by cryorig would fit with both fans.