[SOLVED] Building PC

Jan 27, 2020
I am building a gaming pc and i am not really looking at the budget.
I was thinking about those specs:
Intel i9 9900k
Msi RTX 2070 ventus oc (that i alreqdy have)
MB. Asus tuf z390 plus gaming
Ram. Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz ddr4
Asus Rog strix lc 240 cpu water cooler
SSD 500gb (do i need more?)
Monitor 240hz asus PG258Q( i already have)
PSU Corsair 750W(i already have)
Will there be any problems with those specs?

Solution
Intel i9 9900k

I'm not sure I'd recommend going with a 9900K right now (unless you get a really good deal) as you are buying into a dead platform - you will have 0 upgrade path, and the 9900K is expensive for what it is.

If you want to go Intel, then your best option is look at the newer 10700K - it's essentially the same...
Intel i9 9900k

I'm not sure I'd recommend going with a 9900K right now (unless you get a really good deal) as you are buying into a dead platform - you will have 0 upgrade path, and the 9900K is expensive for what it is.

If you want to go Intel, then your best option is look at the newer 10700K - it's essentially the same CPU but costs a bit less and is on the newly released platform which is going to get at least one new generation of CPU after the 10 series. The only downside for this is you might need to wait a few weeks for the new parts to actually be available to purchase.

Reactions: sizzling
Solution
Jan 27, 2020

If you want to go Intel, then your best option is look at the newer 10700K - it's essentially the same CPU but costs a bit less and is on the newly released platform which is going to get at least one new generation of CPU after the 10 series. The only downside for this is you might need to wait a few weeks for the new parts to actually be available to purchase.
Yeah i got a good deal for this processor 450$ with a discount coupon plus -5% from the website.

Jan 27, 2020
That is a decent price for a 9900K, in that case can't really see anything wrong with that build. Intel is the way to go for a 240hz monitor (at least until Ryzen 4000 series is released, but that isn't due until the end of the year).
So it's ok to go with this build? It should run evry game very smoothly right?

So it's ok to go with this build? It should run evry game very smoothly right?

Should do - you haven't specified what SSD you have, I would suggest looking at an NVME drive if you can, I would also go a bit bigger, 1tb is probably not a bad idea given modern games are often around 80gb in size you can fill 500 gb up pretty quick.

Also regarding ram- you didn't specify how much or how many modules. For best performance you want to run ram in matched pairs for dual channel mode (so 2 x 8gb or 2 x 16gb as a kit ideally). 16gb is plenty for gaming at the moment, 32gb isn't a bad idea if you like to keep lots of background stuff open whilst gaming (e.g. web browser with Dischord, music player and such).

i9 9900K is on par with best gaming cpu's you can get at the moment and RTX 2070 one of the best gpu's so you should be able to run all your games at high frame rates on very high settings.