[SOLVED] Building PC

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
HI,

I am building a PC, and need a little help.
Was watching some videos, and browsing the internet and came up with some components.
The initial budget was 400$ and most of the guides doesn't recommend GPU with it. So, I guess i have to go little higher, because I will need GPU as well,

Here are the components and i was thinking someone could help advice if they fit together, and recommend graphic card that will go well with the build.

This is already above the limit i had, and with GPU it will go up to 600$ for sure.

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G Quad-Core 3.7GHz AM4 6MB BOX w/Radeon RX Vega
---
MB
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK RYZEN DDR4-3466+
---
RAM
DIMM 8GB DDR4 3000MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Black
---
SSD

2.5" Gigabyte 240GB SATA3 500/420 MB/s
---
PSU
550W Deepcool DN550 (New Version) 80Plus Black

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
What is the pc for? The Ryzen 3400G has an integrated gpu so can do alot, only for gaming would you need something better.
Well, i have no doubt it will do it's PC things without problems.
But, I play games casually and it would be nice to run at least DOTA 2 smooth.
that goes for other games, but i don't expect much for games like GTA V, maybe to play it on medium.. i think it would be possible with this build.

Where are you located.

The 3400g, although based only on zen+, will require an updated bios on b450 board, the board you chose is a non-Max b450 board, so it will require an update.
You should have either 2x4gb or 2x8gb ram, only one stick of ram is a bad choice which hurts cpu performance considerably.
The psu is only rated at 200-240v, so if your power mains fall lower, say to 180v, your pc will shutoff, at least it should shut off.

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Where are you located.

The 3400g, although based only on zen+, will require an updated bios on b450 board, the board you chose is a non-Max b450 board, so it will require an update.
You should have either 2x4gb or 2x8gb ram, only one stick of ram is a bad choice which hurts cpu performance considerably.
The psu is only rated at 200-240v, so if your power mains fall lower, say to 180v, your pc will shutoff, at least it should shut off.

This has been a headache whole day...
trying to figure out the compatibility and i can't work it out..
I ended up with something new.. with another CPU

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card

For the RAM I will do as you suggest, but what should i look for regarding the PSU with this new parts, according to this site for checking compatibility the CPU and the MB should be ok like this

PS
for the CPU ,I found out that tomahawk MAX should be compatible, but it is too expensive solution, combining MAX and ryzen 5

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
How about you use the original motherboard you listed, but paired with a ryzen 5 1600.
The psu would be ,at the lowest, this cooler master 450w v2 if it's paired with a gtx 1650 Super. If you want to still use the RX580, you'll need a better psu. Memory should be 2x4gb or 2x8gb ddr4 2666Mhz at least.
Thanks, i think this would be good :)
I see yt videos that rx580 and 1650s are more or less the same, 1650 is little cheaper so i will go with it.

I will list all the components tomorrow and do a final check with you

Thank you again :)

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
How about you use the original motherboard you listed, but paired with a ryzen 5 1600.
The psu would be ,at the lowest, this cooler master 450w v2 if it's paired with a gtx 1650 Super. If you want to still use the RX580, you'll need a better psu. Memory should be 2x4gb or 2x8gb ddr4 2666Mhz at least.

HI

I will go as you suggested, i think the tower will fit with the motherboard and PSU ?
this should be final

PSU
CPU
GPU
Motherboarad
RAM x2 4gb
SSD
Tower

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
No, the tower is m-atx, you need a full size atx case for the motherboard like this or this. Or you can change the motherboard to a micro atx board, like this.
I'll go with the different (ATX) tower. Thanks for the help.
I suppose the RAM and the SSD are ok?

and another thing. I was reading about a monitor, most said that with build like this I would be ok with 75mhz

I suppose the RAM and the SSD are ok?

and another thing. I was reading about a monitor, most said that with build like this I would be ok with 75mhz
I mean, the ram will do, though a kit of 2 rather has a higher chance of working rather then buying 2 separately, but it'll prolly work. The ssd is dram-less, like the kingston a400, but a ssd with dram will cost at least 5500ден . Nvme option

Depending on the title, sure, the 1650S can get 75fps, or more if you dial the settings back. If you play at max settings, a 60Hz monitor is fine, but a 75Hz won't hurt either. Btw, IPS and VA panels will look better and have better viewing angles then older TN panels.

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I mean, the ram will do, though a kit of 2 rather has a higher chance of working rather then buying 2 separately, but it'll prolly work. The ssd is dram-less, like the kingston a400, but a ssd with dram will cost at least 5500ден . Nvme option

Depending on the title, sure, the 1650S can get 75fps, or more if you dial the settings back. If you play at max settings, a 60Hz monitor is fine, but a 75Hz won't hurt either. Btw, IPS and VA panels will look better and have better viewing angles then older TN panels.
hmm, it's getting more confusing :)
wouldn't 2 sticks of the same ram make it a kit ?
because only "kit" i could find is a module

for the ssd, does the dram make that much difference ?
I already have 1 kingston a400 240gb which I intended to use for Windows and stuff,as a first drive + this SSD for storage and larger installs
would you maybe recommend traditional HDD in this case ?

for the monitor I will go with the MSI, it's VA panel 75 hz

Last edited:
wouldn't 2 sticks of the same ram make it a kit ?
because only "kit" i could find is a module
Yeah, unfortunately, anhoch mainly only has single sticks rather then a kit. There's a possibility when ordering two sticks, that one is from a different lot, has different chips, and other minor things that may cause complications. It is unlikely though, so if you can only find single sticks, I wouldn't fuss over it and just get the two of the sticks you posted previously.

for the ssd, does the dram make that much difference ?
No, the difference isn't measurable unless you are transferring a lot of things, i also have a dram-less drive as a storage drive, it'll still run faster then a hdd but only if you don't write too much at a time to it. If you plan to have games on the storage drive, I wouldn't use the hard drive, but if you're just storing stuff that isn't used frequently, then sure, go for the hdd. I personally would stick with any 480gb+ ssd, especially since the ssd should only ever be filled to 70% to avoid performance drops.

blacky1

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Yeah, unfortunately, anhoch mainly only has single sticks rather then a kit. There's a possibility when ordering two sticks, that one is from a different lot, has different chips, and other minor things that may cause complications. It is unlikely though, so if you can only find single sticks, I wouldn't fuss over it and just get the two of the sticks you posted previously.

No, the difference isn't measurable unless you are transferring a lot of things, i also have a dram-less drive as a storage drive, it'll still run faster then a hdd but only if you don't write too much at a time to it. If you plan to have games on the storage drive, I wouldn't use the hard drive, but if you're just storing stuff that isn't used frequently, then sure, go for the hdd. I personally would stick with any 480gb+ ssd, especially since the ssd should only ever be filled to 70% to avoid performance drops.
Well, then I guess it's a wrap :)

Thank you for your help and time