Building with the MSI 975X Platinum v2.0. Thoughts?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Negative528

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
But i want to ask you something. The RAM you install both at Channel A or did you installed it at Channel A DIMM1 & Channel B DIMM3.

Because i install both my RAM at Channel A and i used CPU-Z, it show me Single Channel but in the manual they recommend to fill up the ChannelA slot. So i am confuse don't know how to set my RAM to Dual Channel.

I have mine installed in DIMM1 and DIMM3. I'm pretty sure the manual says to put one in each side. IE: DIMM1 & DIMM3, DIMM2 & DIMM3, DIMM1 & DIMM4, DIMM2 & DIMM4

You'll probably want to change your RAM around.

jaguarskx i had another system running :

- Intel Pentium D 940 3.2GHz
- Asus P5B P965 chipset
- Corsair DDR2-667 1x1GB

because i still not sure about the RAM Frequenct calculation as when i launch CPU-Z again the setting i saw are:

Clocks:
- Core Speed = 3.2
- Multipiler = x16
- Bus Speed = 199 (if i never remember wrongly)
- Rated FSB = 700+ (can't really remember)

I'm not that familiar with the P4 since I upgraded from an Athlon XP to C2D. Anywaste, the P4 runs on a 200MHz FSB, that's why using a clock mulitplier of 16 gives a core speed of 3.2GHz:

200MHz x 16 Clock multiplier = 3.2GHz.

Data is transfered on the bus and the bus is quad pumped (x4), so since the bus speed is being reported as 199MHz, then that means the rated FSB is 796MHz.

TRENDING THREADS