Built a Computer and it won't start up?

TheMattleHead

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hello I have just built a PC and when I turn the power on the Motherboard Lights up and the Water cooling Pump lights up but nothing else happens, I have plugged in a monitor but it doesn't connect for some reason does anyone know why this might be?
Here are my Specs
Intel i7 4770K
Evga GTX 780 Classified
ASUS Maximus VI Formula
Nzxt Kraken x60
EVGA Nex650g
Corsair Vengence 8GB Ram
Segate Barracuda 2TB

TheMattleHead

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
I have now tried all of them and it still doesn't seem to work, when I press the power button on the psu the motherboard and the water pump lights up before I even press the power button on the case? should this be happening? also when I do press the power button it tries to start because the fans move slightly on the graphics card and a light for the i/o ports lights up as well for a split second, I just can't seem to figure out whats wrong?

You probably have connected front "Power/Reset" cables in wrong way because the whole system should start after pressing power button and not PSU button.

TheMattleHead

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Okay so this is going to sound stupid, but I tried my PSU in my friends computer and it works fine, he had a little 250w psu and I said to him don't put it in mine because it will burn it out, so he does it anyways, now my computer actually goes to boot and the bios makes the single beep sound and starts to load, then the 250w power supply overheats and sort of sets on fire...
on the bright side at least it started to boot further than it did with the EVGA 650w, is there any reason why this would happen?

Unfortunately I have no idea why it happens like that