Built a computer but now i get a black screen!

Prohunter654

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
So i recently put together a computer like 2 days ago and it was working wonderfully up until now. I was playing Guild wars 2 when the game froze and turned an odd green color, so i turned it off but when i turn it on it takes a while to boot up but the screen never changes it just stays black. I noticed that the Led on my GTX 1070 turns on then off for a few minutes then on again like its rebooting and thats when the screen just turns black and stays that way. I dont hear any beeping and everything seems to be running fine. I removed the graphics card and ram and it all looks fine. Nothing is smoking or anything I'm not sure how to test whats wrong could it be the PSU? I bought a pretty good 80+ gold one. i dont have any other graphics cards or any friends i can test it on. I spent around 1000 dollars and i would love some help.

burtman88

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Exact Pc specs will help us help you out, I mean it's possible for the PSU to die. I doubt it though, Maybe some died to heat. Have you tried reseting the BIos? Also try to turn it on with one stick of ram.

Prohunter654

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
I've checked every wire making sure it's plugged in properly and everything seems in order. The only thing i havnt checked is the cpu but thats the last thing i want to check.

Noah_49

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
same exact thing happened to me yesterday in siege. green lines on my screen and then shut down. black screen without cursor. cannot get into bios