Question built a new pc and game audio is different now

killcount001

Commendable
May 19, 2020
hello, so i built a new pc with a 3060 and 5600 paired with a gigabyte b450m DS3H but now all my games sound different. i played on a gaming laptop before and for fps games left and right were a lot more clear, now i cannot tell where people are because it plays audio from way to far away and it is not clear if they are left or right anymore. i have this issue in more than one game, i have also tried messing with the settings in the actual games. i have downloaded some audio drivers for the mother board but not sure if they are the right ones. i use hyper x could by usb if that matters. any advice would be appreciated!

Nov 4, 2022
There are many variables that I can think of like what the previous comments said

"Did the audio drivers you installed are the right one from the manufacturer's site?"

"Are you using the same headphones from your old setup?"

The other ones I can ask is:

"Did you try like other headphones?"

"Is there a difference if you use a spare headphones or earphones that have 3.5mm jack and plug it to the Audio Ports?"

"Did you check if the Audio Controller of your PC doesn't have some weird EQ options on?"

Hope you can check on those and good luck!

killcount001

Commendable
May 19, 2020
There are many variables that I can think of like what the previous comments said

"Did the audio drivers you installed are the right one from the manufacturer's site?"

"Are you using the same headphones from your old setup?"

The other ones I can ask is:

"Did you try like other headphones?"

"Is there a difference if you use a spare headphones or earphones that have 3.5mm jack and plug it to the Audio Ports?"

"Did you check if the Audio Controller of your PC doesn't have some weird EQ options on?"

Hope you can check on those and good luck!
there the exact same headphone being used the exact some way( through usb).

i would try other headphones but i dont see the point since these are the ones i wanna use, and where can i check the audio controller? thanks. i replied to the driver question in another reply,

Nov 4, 2022
Yo, I'm just asking you to try other headphones to see if your motherboard's onboard audio is okay or its just doo doo.

I think you can find the audio controller by searching Realtek Audio Controller on the search bar, if it's there.

I think you can also play around with the settings of your headphones, just search "Change system sounds" and you can see the playback devices click on your headphones then try changing the settings.

TRENDING THREADS