Question Built a new PC that doesnt have optical drive support but I have a DVD copy of Windows 10?

Sep 4, 2019
So I built a new PC but the tower doesn't have support for the optical drive so I can't use disks but I stupidly bought a disk for windows 10 and I read I can copy the data onto a flash drive from the disk but I don't have access to a computer that would let me do this and I don't want to spend more money on a Windows 10 Flash Drive. Is there any way to make this work?

Colif

Win 10 Master
Do you have any friends with a PC? They could make it for you, its not single use or anything so they could use it themselves after if need be.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

its difficult to do without a PC. WHo did you buy disk off? Can you not swap it for a USB installer?

Sep 4, 2019
No all my friends don't live nearby as I'm kind of a loner and I got the Disk from Amazon so I don't think I can just return it or swap it out. Is there any sort of business I could go to that could do it for me?

Colif

Win 10 Master
A PC store might do it for you, for a price... i mean apart from price of the 16gb USB. They might charge you a few dollars for the service. Its worth a try.

I wouldn't buy it from anywhere, you have the valuable part already, the licence. Buying another USB of win 10 is just a waste of money. Almost cheaper to buy an external DVD drive.

Sep 4, 2019
I already have a blank USB with 16 free gigs. I'll try searching for a computer store that might do it for me. Thanks for the quick response.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS