[SOLVED] Built a new rig and utilized my 8yo PSU. My GPU is artifacting and crashing when idling/watching YouTube. Old GPU also weird. Could it be my PSU?

Sep 16, 2020
System specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 47 °C

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1496MHz (16-20-20-38)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. AB350M-DS3H V2-CF (AM4) 44 °C

Graphics
BenQ GL2230A (1920x1080@59Hz)

8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (Unknown) 46 °C

Storage
931GB Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 (SATA ) 45 °C

__

Some things to add: GPU pass stress testing perfectly, temps are fine (peaks around 70C). Already ran memtest86, RAM is fine. Already used DDU, installed older AMD drivers and even installed a fresh windows copy again, issue persists.

When i'm watching Twitch/Youtube, around once a day, the whole screen checkerboards and the Radeon software crashes, sometimes it'll lead to a black screen and sometimes it'll load up again and work normally.

My old GPU (R7 260x) behaved weirdly when I plugged it in today, after installing the drivers, it black screened permanently. Before installing the drivers, it had some colored stripes on google chrome background.

The only thing i reused in this build is my 8 year old Corsair TX650M PSU, could it be the issue? I almost sent my GPU to RMA but after my old GPU also failed I'm suspecting the PSU is faulty.

Solution
"Hardware" is very definitive but no harm in taking a looking for/at other possibilities just as a matter of elimination.

Remember to click and view the technical details.

Doublecheck for any possible updates etc. on September 10th. Or something else that may have occurred. Especially something that seems unlikely or out of place.

Peek at Event Viewer as well. Not as user friendly as Reliability History and difficult to navigate. Again the intention is to just be sure that something other than the PSU has gone astray.

That all said:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
Sep 16, 2020
ORTezg2.png

Ralston18

Titan
"Hardware" is very definitive but no harm in taking a looking for/at other possibilities just as a matter of elimination.

Doublecheck for any possible updates etc. on September 10th. Or something else that may have occurred. Especially something that seems unlikely or out of place.

Peek at Event Viewer as well. Not as user friendly as Reliability History and difficult to navigate. Again the intention is to just be sure that something other than the PSU has gone astray.

That all said:

Solution
Sep 16, 2020

That all said:

I reinstalled windows on September 10th.

All hardware errors were
LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141

After searching I found it's GPU related.

Just bought a brand new quality 500w PSU. Thank you very much for your help!