Feb 7, 2022
I've been building this PC for a week. I've read the motherboard manual so I have some guidance. I'm pretty positive I've done everything right. I have the PC fully built and ready but when I connect to an HDMI port to a monitor, nothing pops up, the monitor just says, "No signal". All the lights on the PC turn on, but I can't get the BIOS setup part to come on the monitor. I also have no clue if the CPU is getting power because the motherboard manual does not specifically state where the CPU power is on the board. My motherboard is an ASUS Z690-wifi. Any help would be highly appreciated.

ALSO, if you guys need me to post pictures of the project, I will do so! Feel free to ask for pictures, please and thank you all!

Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX PC Case - Black
[Link] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M49WW51?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Power Supply: Be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W, BN618, Fully Modular, 80 Plus Gold, Power Supply
[Link] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CX2MR8H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z690-P WiFi D4 LGA 1700 Intel 12th Gen ATX Motherboard
[Link] https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119510?Item=9SIA2W0H6F2533
CPU: Intel i7-12700k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 MHZ C18
[Link] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RM39V5F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Graphics Card: ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC Edition Graphics Card
[Link] https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce...-gaming/p/N82E16814126525?Item=9SIB124GBV1874
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
[Link] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFZXR1B?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1
OS: (Motherboard features being Windows 11 Ready, but I don't even have a boot drive or anything)

Last edited:
Solution
Check all the cables and maybe, I don't know for sure, but your PSU wattage sounds a bit low for that GPU/CPU combo.
Try to do the boot couple of times, it should load up without drivers with a HDMI cable if everything is set correctly.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I've been building this PC for a week. I've read the motherboard manual so I have some guidance. I'm pretty positive I've done everything right. I have the PC fully built and ready but when I connect to an HDMI port to a monitor, nothing pops up, the monitor just says, "No signal". All the lights on the PC turn on, but I can't get the BIOS setup part to come on the monitor. I also have no clue if the CPU is getting power because the motherboard manual does not specifically state where the CPU power is on the board. My motherboard is an ASUS Z690-wifi. Any help would be highly appreciated.
First step is to list all the parts you used.

Reactions: Epsilon Xenos

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Check all the cables and maybe, I don't know for sure, but your PSU wattage sounds a bit low for that GPU/CPU combo.
Try to do the boot couple of times, it should load up without drivers with a HDMI cable if everything is set correctly.

Reactions: Epsilon Xenos
Solution
Feb 7, 2022
I'd first try removing the graphics card from the system, connect the display using the integrated graphics of the CPU and see if you get an image that way.

-Wolf sends
So I removed and disconnected the GPU from the motherboard and power supply. I tried connecting the monitor to the HDMI and displayport that is for the CPU on the Motherboard (The back I/O panel) and still nothing pops up, I just get, "no signal" or a just a blank black screen.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022
Sure have red green yellow and white led. Does any of these led light up ?
Are you asking if there are LEDs on the motherboard? Because I can't seem to identify any lights/LEDs on the motherboard itself. And when I said the lights, I meant the RGB fans, the power button on the case light up, the GPU lit up as well and the Liquid cooler too, so everything seemed to be functioning.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022
Is the possibility of the PSU being too low powered a very likely option?

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Is the possibility of the PSU being too low powered a very likely option?

I believe so, it could be something else too.
Is there any signals or lights starting up with the GPU so that it's getting some power at least?
Is all the necessary power cables plugged in correctly to the GPU?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the recommendation for that GPU is like 850 W.
I think you would do fine with a high quality PSU that is 750 W, but it also depends on other components too and I can't promise you that it would be enough, but probably should be enough.

Feb 7, 2022
I believe so, it could be something else too.
Is there any signals or lights starting up with the GPU so that it's getting some power at least?
Is all the necessary power cables plugged in correctly to the GPU?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the recommendation for that GPU is like 850 W.
I think you would do fine with a high quality PSU that is 750 W, but it also depends on other components too and I can't promise you that it would be enough, but probably should be enough.

The GPU powers on, everything (as far as I know) turns on. I'm not very sure if I'm giving the CPU power, I have the CPU power cables plugged into the board but I have no idea if the CPU is getting power and the motherboard manual isn't very helpful.

Oh crap, I think you're right. Just googled recommended PSU wattage for a RTX 3080 card, and it says 750W, so I think the problem actually might be the PSU itself. Thank you.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
The GPU powers on, everything (as far as I know) turns on. I'm not very sure if I'm giving the CPU power, I have the CPU power cables plugged into the board but I have no idea if the CPU is getting power and the motherboard manual isn't very helpful.

Oh crap, I think you're right. Just googled recommended PSU wattage for a RTX 3080 card, and it says 750W, so I think the problem actually might be the PSU itself. Thank you.

Indeed, most likely it's a power issue.
Also, did you remove the old NVIDIA drivers before installing the new GPU?

Feb 7, 2022

Removing drivers, how? I just built the PC lol, and I can't even get it to display to a monitor to start configuring it and messing with the BIOS.

Without the gpu installed your psu will have ample power to get a signal to the monitor.

You might want to move the mobo to a piece of cardboard and just connect minimum stuff.

Feb 7, 2022
Oh, sorry my bad, so you don't have anything installed yet.
Most likely then, it's the power issue.
Just got a 850 Watt PSU installed, and still nothing came up, I'm back at square 1. Also, I think my CPU isn't getting power and the mobo manual doesn't tell me where the CPU power is. Can anyone help? I'll send a link to some images of what I'm looking at via Imgur

Link to Imgur: View: https://imgur.com/a/aYgt8jC

Last edited:

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Just got a 850 Watt PSU installed, and still nothing came up, I'm back at square 1. Also, I think my CPU isn't getting power and the mobo manual doesn't tell me where the CPU power is. Can anyone help? I'll send a link to some images of what I'm looking at via Imgur

Link to Imgur: View: https://imgur.com/a/aYgt8jC

Did you plug the CPU's power connector 8-pin or 4-pin? It goes here as the screenshot explains.

When I installed a new GPU, I had to plug it with a HDMI cable to install the drivers to get signal.

https://pasteboard.co/NzCUDLtpv1VT.jpg

xkira888

Commendable
Jan 11, 2020
just to make sure the obvious is out of the way, assuming the PSU is not the issue:
  • is the hdmi cable fully plugged into the pc and monitor?
  • is the monitor plugged in, on and set to hdmi?
  • make sure the hdmi cable is working
  • are you plugging the hdmi into the motherboard or the GPU? (I had that issue when I plugged it into the motherboard, but when I plugged it into the GPU, I got signal. Not sure why...assuming because I wasn't using an integrated CPU...?)

Feb 7, 2022
Hey everyone I finally figured out the issue with the pc. It was a mixture of a couple things. The PSU was too low of a wattage, I had improperly mounted the RAM, and I also didn't know which HDMI port was being utilized by the GPU. I also reset the CMOS battery, wasn't sure if resetting that battery would've done much to help, but in the end, it works. Thank you everyone for the useful tips and help.

Reactions: jnxzi94

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Hey everyone I finally figured out the issue with the pc. It was a mixture of a couple things. The PSU was too low of a wattage, I had improperly mounted the RAM, and I also didn't know which HDMI port was being utilized by the GPU. I also reset the CMOS battery, wasn't sure if resetting that battery would've done much to help, but in the end, it works. Thank you everyone for the useful tips and help.

Great to hear.