[SOLVED] Built a pc. Graphiscs Card not getting detected?

Sep 16, 2020
Hallo!

I just built my first pc setup. I bought most of the parts from friends.

MOBO: MSI Z97A Gaming 6
RAM: 4x 8GB DDR3
GRAPHICSCARD: GTX 1050 TI
CPU: i7-4790K

The Mobo, Ram and CPU where all used in the same setup by a friend.

To get to my problem:
After i start the pc, the graphicscard fans a working for short moment. After that, nothing happens. Everything else i working by the looks of it. Leds and cpu fan are working.
I looked around here in this forum and others and it looks like my BIOs is not detecting the card (?). The problem is, the MOBO does not have an a onboard pgu, so i cant look into the bios.

Things i already tried:
Only using 1 or 2 RAM bars.
cmos reset by removing the cmos battery and putting it in again after some time.
using a different display.

Hope anybody here can help me.
Greetings!

Solution
According to MSI, your motherboard does have on-board video and your processor has Intel HD graphics. You should be able to connect any HDMI or DVI monitor to your motherboard and start it up without a video card. https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/z97a-gaming-6.html

First, I would remove your video card altogether and remove 2 sticks of RAM (you might have a conflict). Remove all your hard drives and whatever unnecessary stuff you have connected to the PC.

Connect only the case, power supply, motherboard, CPUwCooler, and 2 sticks of ram in slots Dimm2 and Dimm4. Make sure they are the same type of RAM.

See if it boots into Bios. If it does, then start adding things slowly like your hard drive. Get it to boot into windows...
Sep 16, 2020
Update;

I accidentally started the setup without the pci -e plugged in from the psu and the same thing happened. The two fans on the graphicscard startet for a short time and stopped. Also ofc no signal on the display.

According to MSI, your motherboard does have on-board video and your processor has Intel HD graphics. You should be able to connect any HDMI or DVI monitor to your motherboard and start it up without a video card. https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/z97a-gaming-6.html

First, I would remove your video card altogether and remove 2 sticks of RAM (you might have a conflict). Remove all your hard drives and whatever unnecessary stuff you have connected to the PC.

Connect only the case, power supply, motherboard, CPUwCooler, and 2 sticks of ram in slots Dimm2 and Dimm4. Make sure they are the same type of RAM.

See if it boots into Bios. If it does, then start adding things slowly like your hard drive. Get it to boot into windows. Then add the other RAM. Make sure it still boots into windows. Then add the video card, you may need to change a setting in your bios to allow for discrete graphics.

Solution